XF 1.5 Styling issue

denisx04

For some reason on my desktop the forum is displayed weird, the message count drops lower that normal. Oddly, some members see it normal and other see the same issue. I provided an image to better sow you what the issue is.

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    111 KB · Views: 17
It looks fine when I'm not logged in. I tried to create an account- but your Captcha doesn't seem to be working on my end for some reason, so I can't get passed that to check. It's hard for me to tell since the text looks fine on my browsers.

My suggestion is to try changing the font-size from 175% to a specific dimension like 20px; on the ".nodeStats.pairsInline dd" class. having a percentage can have wildly different results depending on the computer/browser. So that may be the reasoning behind it being weird for some people, and not others.

you could also try adding this into your style:

Code:
.node .nodeInfo.primaryContent, .node .nodeInfo.secondaryContent {
    padding-bottom: 20px;
}

And see what that does.

It looks fine when I'm not logged in. I tried to create an account- but your Captcha doesn't seem to be working on my end for some reason, so I can't get passed that to check. It's hard for me to tell since the text looks fine on my browsers.

My suggestion is to try changing the font-size from 175% to a specific dimension like 20px; on the ".nodeStats.pairsInline dd" class. having a percentage can have wildly different results depending on the computer/browser. So that may be the reasoning behind it being weird for some people, and not others.

you could also try adding this into your style:

Code:
.node .nodeInfo.primaryContent, .node .nodeInfo.secondaryContent {
    padding-bottom: 20px;
}

And see what that does.

Thank you for letting me know about the captcha, I fixed it now if you want to try again. As far as the code you provided me. I'm in the style properties and under node stats number- we do have to font size at 175, anything lower and it looks really small. I added your code under misc and nothing happened.

Okay, I was able to make an account now- that didn't change anything, still looks fine on my end. One thing I've noticed that's different in the screen shot compared to what I see. I don't have a description below each forum. It's possible that the text is pushing the whole thing out of whack. I'm not sure why the text isn't showing up for me? That seems weird.
troubleshoot.webp

@Mana, being a member of that site, what you're seeing is actually normal. The descriptions showing, despite the tooltips option being enabled, is an issue some people are experiencing, which I think is still being looked into.

For reference, here's a thread from someone regarding it.

Edit: So that might explain the whole issue.

Last edited:
Ah yes, I see now. The two issues are likely related. It doesn't even show me the description when I hover over the forum. If the node_category_level_1 has been edited in any way, that would be my guess as to where the problem lies. Unfortunately if that is the case that would be a bit beyond me.

Ah yes, I see now. The two issues are likely related. It doesn't even show me the description when I hover over the forum. If the node_category_level_1 has been edited in any way, that would be my guess as to where the problem lies. Unfortunately if that is the case that would be a bit beyond me.

Removing the descriptions fixed the issue, but when I add descriptions back on the nodes it displays the unusual style shown in the first post image.

Top Bottom