Fixed Styling issue with the filter input in IE11

refael

This is a very trivial styling issue with the filter input in IE11.

I'm running windows10 preview and IE11.0.10011.0, not sure if it's the same version as on win8 but the required fix here is harmless anyway.

The issue
Untitled.webp

Filter input is cut off.

I've checked in the dev tools, and the default box-sizing of inputs is border-box, rather than content-box.

FWIW, @Chris D did check this the other week in Windows 10 and couldn't actually reproduce it.

It seems like the change (within the browser) would actually break a lot of sites so I can't imagine that it's going to stay in later builds. We can keep an eye on it, but it certainly seems strange.

It's worth noting that I can reproduce it, after all, but only if I change the Document Mode in F12 Dev Tools from Edge (Default) to 11.

Document modes for all the IE browsers we support are all fine except 11.

Can you confirm what your Document Mode is? Have you changed it from its Default which is Edge to 11?

At the moment, as this can't be reproduced in Windows 8.1 and below and it is only present in this specific pre-release version of IE11 (I can't try it in Spartan as it continually crashes for me :rolleyes:) I'd be comfortable calling this a browser issue but obviously one we can keep an eye on for upcoming Windows 10 / IE 11 releases.

I suspect it's something that will be fixed before a complete release.

I'm running now windows 10 build 10166 and saw this issue again.
The reason I'm bringing this up again is because I no longer have Edge mode in the dev tools. Seems it was removed. The default doc mode is now IE11.

We've made a small change here in 1.5 Beta 3 (and 1.4.9). We are using content-box and it doesn't appear to have any adverse effects among other browsers so it seems ok to do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom