Not planned Styling Editing Feature

napy8gen

As a style designer I need these.

1. Revert all edited templates
2. Revert all style properties
3. Upload style using a different name
4. Better style switch if possible like vbulletin drop down menu. Right now it is too many click and slow to switch between style.

I think that's it. This additional feature is small but helpful for style designer.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
1 and 2 can be achieved by creating a new default style.

For 3, why not just rename the style to what you want?

4. Better style switch if possible like vbulletin drop down menu. Right now it is too many click and slow to switch between style.

I think that's it. This additional feature is small but helpful for style designer.
You don't need them, you'd just like them :D

I don't think 2 clicks is too many to change the style - one to open the overlay and one to select the style.... in fact.. it's the same amount as vb... one to open the menu and one to select the style.

1 and 2 can be achieved by creating a new default style.
For 3, why not just rename the style to what you want?

Hi Brogan.
Letme clarify.

1. It's not about creating new style, it is about using same edited template with a style but using a different style color properties. --> this is why we need revert all style properties
let say I have permatakus2 with black and red, so I want to maintain edited templates but only change colors. So I have a new one lets say permatakus3 with black and green color scheme but using the old templates from permatakus2

2. Sometime we needs only existing colors, but we want to create a new style with a new layout. --> this why we need revert all templates
let say I have permatakus with black and red, but I want to use the black and red color scheme with a total new layout for a new style called alauddinrs.

3. When we do have above features we need to upload style xml with an option to rename it just before uploading it. because right now if you upload a duplicate style it brings the same name.

4. If you use style selector from vbulletin and style selector from xenforo, if you go race in the track, you will lost few seconds behind. Its too late to change style.
if I have 20 styles, people always have to wait for the pop up, while vbulletin just pick and change. xenforo you have to click the bottom,wait for popup and then change. and furthermore the small style icon thumbnail for style is not featuring the style itself , all styles have the same icons. So the pop up I am sorry to say it just useless. *** Please test the style selector for vbulletin, you are lying if you say its the same amount of time spent to change the style http://www.sultantheme.com/vb4forum/

why need faster time to change style? for a style creator, we need this always, we want to see changes between styles fast.We work everday with our styles. it just to late to see style changes.

I am a style creator since 2005. So this is the basis of what I want.

I hope you guys, especially xenforo developer and style creators can see the important of saving a lot of time using revert all templates and revert all style properties. Please see my clarification in post no5. This is constructive suggestion. It is not a bad suggestions at all. If you found it bad just delete this thread nevermind. I wont suggest anything good anymore.

4. Please don't the same can be said for vbulletin. I can't count enough times where I've went to a <insert product here> where they've had many styles to see a preview of it and had to go through the list due to the lack of a preview which xenforo possess so in many instances it can take longer to search for that style where 2 clicks you know exactly what styles there is because there's a preview of it.

That is my argument for the style chooser which I think is a pro to the way xenforo implements it.

2. Yeah, I'd like to see this. There have been times where I responded to support here that required me to edit multiple style properties to test things out for a user so I can see the benefits of this. where reverting SP in one go rather than having to go into each area. But it's not exactly essential imo I'm not too fussed venturing into the areas and reverting stuff back. .

4. Please don't the same can be said for vbulletin. I can't count enough times where I've went to a <insert product here> where they've had many styles to see a preview of it and had to go through the list due to the lack of a preview which xenforo possess so in many instances it can take longer to search for that style where 2 clicks you know exactly what styles there is because there's a preview of it.

So you are saying you can have individual thumbnail for each style in style list pop up?
Can you show me how?

So you are saying you can have individual thumbnail for each style in style list pop up?
Can you show me how?

Yeah. Each style can have it's own preview (if i understood you correctly).

I posted a resource here http://xenforo.com/community/resources/style-chooser-enhancement-full-width.1460/ and kier posted a guide here http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-make-style-preview-thumbnails.10820/

I'm sure I misunderstood your question.

Edit: Great work on the styles you've been releasing btw they look excellent.

Yeah. Each style can have it's own preview (if i understood you correctly).

I posted a resource here http://xenforo.com/community/resources/style-chooser-enhancement-full-width.1460/ and kier posted a guide here http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-make-style-preview-thumbnails.10820/

I'm sure I misunderstood your question.

Edit: Great work on the styles you've been releasing btw they look excellent.

You got me correct. Its good solution for me, but you must think about the customer position when reviewing both solutions you provided are using style id class to identify the specific style.

Looking at customer's perspective, when they uploaded their new purchased style they probably have different style id. And my thumbnail icon styleid could be the same with the customer's other style's id. So in return they might have a different wrong thumbnail for their other style.
so this could be a problem. Am I correct?

You got me correct. Its good solution for me, but you must think about the customer position when reviewing both solutions you provided are using style id class to identify the specific style.

Looking at customer's perspective, when they uploaded their new purchased style they probably have different style id. And my thumbnail icon styleid could be the same with the customer's other style's id. So in return they might have a different wrong thumbnail for their other style.
so this could be a problem. Am I correct?

Yes that is an issue that can happen where customers/other users ID will differ. This goes for alot of resources though where users have to change the ID (for example nodes, meessage ID) if an enhancement/resource is posted. Generally users know what to expect and all you would need to do is leave a note in the submission post stating Id and path changes will be required. Chances are customers users would do this themselves.

Hi Mike thank you for stepping in, action to select all in customized template is very nice but would it be nice if you have next to "revert selected item" button, revert all styles properties and revert all templates this will just take you a second. Otherwise you have to select first.

Top Bottom