XF 1.1 Styling Buttons

thunderup

Okay, the links that show up at the bottom of posts ... "Edit" "IP" "Like" "Reply" etc...

Is there a simple way to take those links and make them images instead, like vBulletin and other boards have?

I know I can add HTML / Images to the phrases that correspond with these links, is that the only way? As the skin I have, there is a 1px rounded border around those links which makes an image then have that border, and it looks very strange.

Thanks!

Yeah I would do the phrases.

You can also edit the template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> post

For example, here is the code for the "Like" and "Reply" links in a post:

Code:
			<div class="publicControls">
				<a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger" data-href="{xen:link posts/permalink, $post}">#{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'}</a>
				<xen:hook name="post_public_controls" params="{xen:array 'post={$post}'}">
				<xen:if is="{$post.canLike}">
					<a href="{xen:link posts/like, $post}" class="LikeLink item control {xen:if $post.like_date, unlike, like}" data-container="#likes-post-{$post.post_id}"><span></span><span class="LikeLabel">{xen:if $post.like_date, {xen:phrase unlike}, {xen:phrase like}}</span></a>
				</xen:if>
				<xen:if is="{$canReply}">
					<a href="{xen:link threads/reply, $thread, 'quote={$post.post_id}'}" data-postUrl="{xen:link posts/quote, $post}" class="ReplyQuote item control reply" title="{xen:phrase reply_quoting_this_message}"><span></span>{xen:phrase reply}</a>
				</xen:if>
				</xen:hook>
			</div>

But the phrases are more convenient for this.

Top Bottom