1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Styling Buttons

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by toodlez, Oct 13, 2011.

1. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

Okay, the links that show up at the bottom of posts ... "Edit" "IP" "Like" "Reply" etc...

Is there a simple way to take those links and make them images instead, like vBulletin and other boards have?

I know I can add HTML / Images to the phrases that correspond with these links, is that the only way? As the skin I have, there is a 1px rounded border around those links which makes an image then have that border, and it looks very strange.

Thanks!

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I would do the phrases.

You can also edit the template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> post

For example, here is the code for the "Like" and "Reply" links in a post:

Code:
    			<div class="publicControls">
    				<a href="{xen:link threads/post-permalink, $thread, 'post={$post}'}" title="{xen:phrase permalink}" class="item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger" data-href="{xen:link posts/permalink, $post}">#{xen:calc '{$post.position} + 1'}</a>
    				<xen:hook name="post_public_controls" params="{xen:array 'post={$post}'}">
    				<xen:if is="{$post.canLike}">
    					<a href="{xen:link posts/like, $post}" class="LikeLink item control {xen:if $post.like_date, unlike, like}" data-container="#likes-post-{$post.post_id}"><span></span><span class="LikeLabel">{xen:if $post.like_date, {xen:phrase unlike}, {xen:phrase like}}</span></a>
    				</xen:if>
    				<xen:if is="{$canReply}">
    					<a href="{xen:link threads/reply, $thread, 'quote={$post.post_id}'}" data-postUrl="{xen:link posts/quote, $post}" class="ReplyQuote item control reply" title="{xen:phrase reply_quoting_this_message}"><span></span>{xen:phrase reply}</a>
    				</xen:if>
    				</xen:hook>
    			</div>

But the phrases are more convenient for this.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The only problem with doing it in the phrases, is you can't use different images for each style.