Implemented Styles section - thumbnail instead of user avatar

Kim

Hi Guys,

I would like to suggest that within the styles section, the thumbnail showing on the list view of styles be a thumbnail of the actual style.... rather than the avatar of the uploader.

I know this would not necessarily work with the Modifications, and am not sure if it would be feasible to have two different kinds of images displaying, but the avatar is useless information for most people, whereas a thumbnail of the actual style, allows the browser instant access to the colours/layout etc of the style, thus making selection of interesting styles to further investigate infinitely easier and quicker.

Upvote 23
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not really, he is talking about within the resource, I am talking about on list view.

Although obviously I think the thumbnail within the resource should be something OTHER than the avatar.

Not really, he is talking about within the resource, I am talking about on list view.

Although obviously I think the thumbnail within the resource should be something OTHER than the avatar.

Oh right.
Yep, agree on that. It should be something the owner could upload, with, if none uploaded the avatar of the user :)

+1 to this
i would prefer to put custom images in these boxes, rather than having image of the uploader

iuav

I would like this also! This is a great idea for people who want to show off screen shots of their styles or template modifications etc. This is something I have been thinking about too.

However I do want to say the Resource addon is coming along nicely and whats even better XenForo Supports it :D Keep up the good work!

I didn't really realize it until now, but this would be nice both for here and for the add-on in general. Perhaps an option for uploading a specific image could be included, and if it's not there, the avatar appears instead.

1 Kinda annoying to click through just to see a preview. Would love to see a small preview or even just the color palette.

+1

1. An icon for all Resources as default, uploaded by admin. If none, author avatar as now.
2. Category to have icon as default uploaded by admin. If none, go to 1.
3. Resource to have icon uploaded by Author. If none, go to 2.

This is something I didn't like. I never seen the point in having a preview of a resource when the image is so small and if you made it an acceptable size then this alone would take up space and be very wasteful. I find the authors info yields more info about the resource rather than an undersize screenshot. It's one of the reasons why Microdownloads put me off and why i never purchased it for this reason alone if i understood the suggestion correctly.

Wouldn't the preview been in the resource page, full size? unless i'm missing the suggestion intentions rather than a small screeny that you can barely make out.

Shelley I'd think that really informative pictures would be in the content of the page. But an icon would flag up a crude indicator on the listings pages - main listings or category listings.
So for example if you're into cars and you're looking at listings your eye would recognise even a small icon of various types of cars because it's your thing. I'd recognise cat breeds the same way ;) Or mine might be symbols for historical cultures like Celtic cross, Saxon axe, Viking ship. Within your interest area you recognise a lot more in a samll icon.

If the Author avatar Imoves to the sidebar which imo works much better, the page also needs an image on the left. Otherwise the left becomes a mass of text - an icon breaks it up and centres it.

Top Bottom