1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Style Properties Loads Slow

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by BamaStangGuy, Nov 25, 2012.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

On Chrome (Mac) the style properties loads incredibly slow and causes a slight hang when saving any properties.

For example, clicking on Style Properties: General takes about 6 seconds to load in the browser even though it shows less than a second rendering with debug enabled.

Seems to be caused by the use of javascript. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: This does not happen in Safari.
    Elly and Bram like this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah I get the same thing on Chrome (Windows).
    BamaStangGuy likes this.
  3. trichome

trichome Member

Same issue here in Chrome on Windows 7. Only a slight delay in Firefox.
  4. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

Sometimes my header image takes longer to load than everything else.
  5. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

Pfeeew I am happy to read this thread! I was having the same thing and never realized it was down to chrome. Feared already the worst. :)
    simbolo likes this.
  6. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

It looks like this problem (base on the timeline information)

I've tried to verify if the problem was caused by a external script (jquery + components) but it's not the case. It comes from the xenforo.js when objects are created and activated.

I'm not sure it's XenForo's fault... When you log elements inside the console which are created and activated, it appears that on Firefox, the page is first displayed then the elements are still being loading (it think both process are done at the same time), whereas on Chrome the page is only displayed after all elements have been loaded...
    Bram and simbolo like this.
  7. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

Sorry to dig this up, but I've been experiencing this too. Any potential solution to this issue or is it something that Chrome will have to address?
  8. Daniel 'RTRD'

Daniel 'RTRD' Well-Known Member

A lot user using my add-on (User Rank Ribbons) is experienced this problem. And I also experience the problem. :(
  9. Jake Sully

Jake Sully Active Member

i'm also having this slow loading problem to :/ i hope it gets fixed in next update if now xenforo still exists by then.