Style Problem

Davyc

I imported a new style from the styles forum on here titled Social which works great, but I now have this error coming up whenever I attempt to modify the default style:

unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 10 bytes
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. unserialize() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 1412
  3. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->prepareStyleProperty() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 1459
  4. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->prepareStyleProperties() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 397
  5. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->prepareStylePropertyGroup() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 416
  6. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->prepareStylePropertyGroups() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Style.php at line 280
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Style->actionStyleProperties() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /homepages/htdocs/forum/admin.php at line 13

It's not the new style that's at fault - I installed it to try it, wasn't keen, deleted it and now it doesn't matter which style property I click on in the default style I get this error message; the list of style options appears OK but try changing them and *boom* this comes up. The forum is working OK, there's no problem there, but can't make any changes unless I go to the CSS files which is a nuisance. I'm just wondering if the default style has been corrupted; if it has is there any way to restore it?

I'm just wondering if the default style has been corrupted; if it has is there any way to restore it?

It's possible. You can import the master again by visiting /install/ and clicking Rebuild Master Data. Then create a new style and delete the old one to remove any additional style customizations:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Styles

OK tried that and got this whilst trying to rebuild the master data:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '341-1' for key 2
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in /homepages/13/d374170914/htdocs/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in /homepages/13/d374170914/htdocs/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in /homepages/13/d374170914/htdocs/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in /homepages/13/d374170914/htdocs/forum/library/XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line2236
  5. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertiesFromArray() in/homepages/13/d374170914/htdocs/forum/library/XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2140
  6. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyXml() in/homepages/13/d374170914/htdocs/forum/library/XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2073
  7. XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyDevelopmentXml() in/homepages/13/d374170914/htdocs/forum/library/XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportMasterData.php at line 45
  8. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportMasterData->rebuild() in/homepages/13/d374170914/htdocs/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
  9. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in/homepages/13/d374170914/htdocs/forum/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 182
  10. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRebuild() in/homepages/13/d374170914/htdocs/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /homepages/htdocs/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /homepages/htdocs/forum/install/index.php at line 17

It looks as though installing that style has caused duplicate entries - how can I get rid of them? I don't want to do a full install as it would mean losing everything and if I back up the database and reupload it the duplicate entries will still be there.
If I upload a different style - set it as the default, delete the old 'default style' (if that's possible) and then go back to rebuild master data do you reckon that will work?

That is a strange error - not one I've ever seen before. Can you submit a support ticket via the customer area with admin and FTP access details? (And phpMyAdmin if you have it.) I'm going to have to dig into the database for this one. :)

I'd just like to say a huge thank you to Mike for sorting out this problem for me - it simply illustrates a level of support that is unsurpassed and if anyone needs a reason to switch to Xenforo (other than the fact that it is the most amazing forum software this side of anywhere) then getting this level of speedy support should swing it for you. Best move, best purchase I have made to-date.

:)

I have a smilar issue which should not occur when I do a new install of xenforo. It as passed all xenforo requirements. I have followed the instructions carefully, created a new database over and over again, but when I go to install this is what I get:
Code:
Server Error

unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
unserialize() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 667
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->updatePropertyCacheInStyle() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 632
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->rebuildPropertyCacheInStyleAndChildren() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2316
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertiesFromArray() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2187
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyXml() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2120
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyDevelopmentXml() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportMasterData.php at line 45
XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportMasterData->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 240
XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2b() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ausplann/public_html/forums/install/index.php at line 18

I have put a support ticket through, any ideas what the issue might be?

Top Bottom