Style or widget to show thread title

Tom McIntyre

We have our team of members testing our new XenForo site and they come up with interesting question. Our community is a bit older than most and are concerned that they lose track of what they are discussion in a long thread.. What they would like is for the title to remain visible as they scan down the page reading posts. On our current vB site the thread title is at the top of each post and we agree that it is confusing and repetitive there. However, it could be useful if it were noted in the header area just below the top navigation. Alternatively, it could be on a fixed position banner of some sort.

When I read my members discussion on this I thought "someone must have already done this." However, searching here finds no help so I am starting this thread to see if anyone else knows of such a feature and how they implemented it.

I assume your style has a fixed header which isn't a standard feature so you will have to inquire with your style designer as to whether that feature is available / possible.

However, it's likely possible to do this with a simple template edit.

In your style if you find the "message" template, find:
Code:
<article>
And above that add:
Code:
            <xen:if is="{$thread.thread_id}">
                <h4 class="textHeading" style="margin-top: 0">{$thread.title}</h4>
            </xen:if>
That should make the title appear above every post.

Top Bottom