Lack of interest Style Metadata

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Dad.

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been suggested, sorry if it has.

I think styles (and plugins) should have metadata: author, style version, support URL perhaps, etc. Most importantly is style version. Maybe some way to find out what style and what version is being used from the debug info or at least just the ACP. Would help me out a lot with helping out customers!

Thanks for considering.
Mike

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been suggested, sorry if it has.

I think styles (and plugins) should have metadata: author, style version, support URL perhaps, etc. Most importantly is style version. Maybe some way to find out what style and what version is being used from the debug info or at least just the ACP. Would help me out a lot with helping out customers!

Thanks for considering.
Mike
I use custom style properties for this and add it as a comment in the footer so I can do a quick check for version of our framework, and of the style itself.

Yeh that works, don't think a style property is necessary though if you are editing the footer template anyways.

Didn't say there weren't alternate options, just saying it might make sense to have something specific for this. Good idea though!

Top Bottom