XF 1.5 Style Export options

viper357

Hi all

Can someone help me with exporting and then importing a style?

I have created a new style which is a child of the default, but it hasn't taken on some of the add-ons that I used in the original style, so I want to export the style and then re-import it so that it takes on all the changes from the add-ons that are already installed? Does that make sense, lol?

See this pic

screenshot-www.marineaquariumsa.com-2016-11-07-14-14-20.png

The MASA blue style is the one I have been using for a while and all the add-ons are installed to that style, but I want to use the MASA v2 style as default instead but some of the add-ons haven't carried over onto that style when I created it. So how can I export the v2 style and then re-import it so that all the add-ons take effect on it? Thanks.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If the MASA v2 style is supposed to inherit elements of the MASA blue style, then it would need to be a child of it.

Currently the MASA v2 style inherits from the default style.

viper357

Ah ok, got it, so can I edit the style to make it a child and it will then inherit the elements from the parent? Or will I need to create a new style?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Just change the parent style for MASA v2 to MASA blue.

Any unaltered style properties and templates will then inherit from MASA blue.

viper357

Sorry, one more question. When installing an add-on does it only make changes to the style selected as default or to all installed styles?