1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Style Chooser Manager

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Shelley, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Just curious what others would expect from a Style chooser manager.

My first thoughts would be features like

- Making use of the permissions per usergroup
    - Forcing style-x feature on usergroup-x
    - Change style per time zone.
    - Force style per forum-x

Just thought I'd get a discussion going after reading DRE post in wanting to force a style on usergroup-x and seeing if this is possible as an add-on and generally just get a discussion going on thoughts on the matter.

Ps. Hopefully some of you talented 3rd party devs can jump in here with your thoughts on the complexity of an add-on. I'm quite sure this is an add-on that would be paid and many users wanting to purchase.

yavuz, captainslater and DRE like this.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I would love to be able to assign a style to discouraged and banned members.

I would love to be able to assign a style to guests.

I would love to be able to assign a style to visitors from certain sites.

For instance, I could assign my Facebook style to members coming from Facebook.

Shelley likes this.
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

For discouraged users i'd create a hell theme with a gif of flaming fire burning in the background.

14DH01 likes this.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'd personally create a "blizzard theme" in the way everything is white. White text, white background white everything for discouraged. :p

Lisa and DRE like this.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

lmao that's a better idea. I guess hell for banned then.

6. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Force style per device? (e.g. mobile, tablet, etc)

Shelley likes this.
  7. oman

oman Well-Known Member

8. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

I thought from Shelley's post that the idea was to come up with an addon that did everything style-selection related. I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't already possible but incorporating all of those things into one addon sounds like a good idea :)

oman likes this.
  9. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. Just thought about that add on relating to your post.