Add-on Style Chooser Manager

Shelley

Just curious what others would expect from a Style chooser manager.

My first thoughts would be features like

- Making use of the permissions per usergroup
- Forcing style-x feature on usergroup-x
- Change style per time zone.
- Force style per forum-x

Just thought I'd get a discussion going after reading DRE post in wanting to force a style on usergroup-x and seeing if this is possible as an add-on and generally just get a discussion going on thoughts on the matter.

Ps. Hopefully some of you talented 3rd party devs can jump in here with your thoughts on the complexity of an add-on. I'm quite sure this is an add-on that would be paid and many users wanting to purchase.

I would love to be able to assign a style to discouraged and banned members.

I would love to be able to assign a style to guests.

I would love to be able to assign a style to visitors from certain sites.

For instance, I could assign my Facebook style to members coming from Facebook.

For discouraged users i'd create a hell theme with a gif of flaming fire burning in the background.

For discouraged users i'd create a hell theme with a gif of flaming fire burning in the background.

I'd personally create a "blizzard theme" in the way everything is white. White text, white background white everything for discouraged. :P

I thought from Shelley's post that the idea was to come up with an addon that did everything style-selection related. I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't already possible but incorporating all of those things into one addon sounds like a good idea :-)

Yeah, I agree. Just thought about that add on relating to your post.

Top Bottom