Fixed Stripe payment provider setup doesn't explain adding events

mattrogowski

Affected version
The payment provider setup page for Stripe says to add a webhook, but doesn't say to add any events. If no events are added then the webhook will never fire which could lead to confusion.

You could argue it's obvious you need to select events (and Stripe lets you add them all in a click) but I'd counter-argue it's not necessarily obvious to everyone, especially if someone's not used Stripe before or isn't very technical and doesn't know what a webhook actually is and wouldn't know enough to know to select anything unless told to. A client of ours set up theirs without any selected, and I found this thread with the same issue.

Considering the handler already has a method getActionableEvents which returns the required events, then for the sake of a simple phrase/template change, I think either including a list of these events specifically or just a note to select all of them would make it a bit clearer to the user that this needs to be done (and who knows, may even cut down on a handful of support requests about payments not coming through).

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.9).

Change log:
List the events a Stripe webhook endpoint should listen for
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom