1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 String could not be parsed as XML

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by cyry, Dec 6, 2014.

1. cyry

cyry Active Member

I have a problem when i want to rebuild cache :

Exception: String could not be parsed as XML - library/XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php:607
    I get this :

An exception occurred: String could not be parsed as XML in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxxxxxx/library/XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php on line 607
        SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 0
        XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->importAdminNavigationDevelopmentXml() in XenForo/Deferred/ImportMasterData.php at line 16
        XenForo_Deferred_ImportMasterData->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
        XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 256
        XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 390
        XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 335
        XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
        XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 147
        XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::_addDefaultParams() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 185
        XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Error/ServerError.php at line 47
        XenForo_ViewAdmin_Error_ServerError->renderJson() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
        XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 88
        XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 586
        XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
        XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxxxxx/admin.php at line 13
    How can i fix it ? thanks
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You need to verify that the files in the directory install/data still exist.

Specifically the error you're getting suggests that admin_navigation.xml is either missing or corrupt. If it is there, you may want to download the XenForo package and re-upload all of the files.
  3. cyry

cyry Active Member

The folder ../install have the permission 000 , ok solved but now i get this other :
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1417-29' for key 'definition_id_style_id' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you refresh the page a few times, it should get past the error.