XF 1.5 Strange template behavior

Brad Padgett

How's it going. I'm using Xenforo 1.5.0

I've noticed some strange behavior when viewing templates.

Sometimes (only sometimes) it gives me the option to delete core Xenforo templates such as forum_list

I'm not sure why but a delete button will appear next to most of the core templates when viewing the list of them.

This has only occurred recently, never before. And I'm not at all sure what's causing it.

Do you have debug mode enabled?
If so, the Master Style will be selectable and templates can be deleted from that style.

Otherwise, if it is in other styles and it is only certain templates, the red X is for reverting edited templates.

Do you have debug mode enabled?
If so, the Master Style will be selectable and templates can be deleted from that style.

Otherwise, if it is in other styles and it is only certain templates, the red X is for reverting edited templates.

No I just checked to be safe by looking at "library/config.php". Debug mode is not enabled.

Also the Red X isn't what I was referring to but thanks for the quick response.

It's showing a button below the templates that actually say "delete". My apologies if I wasn't specific enough.

The [Delete Template...] button is only available in the Master Style.

Can you screenshot what you are seeing?

I can't get it to happen again. It happened 3 or 4 different times so far but it happens randomly. I tried refreshing to see if I could re-create the issue but to no avail.

Just makes me nervous. Wouldn't want to accidentally delete a core template.

If it happens again I'll get a screenshot. Any idea what it could be though? It's the word delete below certain templates in the same color as the template writing itself. That's the best I can describe it without a screenshot.

It's difficult to say what it is without a screenshot but it sounds like it may be related to an add-on or customisation if it is just the word "delete" and happens randomly.

It's difficult to say what it is without a screenshot but it sounds like it may be related to an add-on or customisation if it is just the word "delete" and happens randomly.

Well it's the delete button as you described the master style's supposed to have.

But I can't depict whether it's from an add-on. I haven't installed any new ones recently and this never happened before. Today I tried installing a shoutbox but un-installed it shortly after and this happened earlier last night before I installed it.

I'm actually not sure what it could be either.

Top Bottom