Strange registration problem

speedway

My forum has been live since Monday 13th and between then and now there have been a number of user registrations. Weird thing is that clicking on any one of them displays an err saying the user cannot be found.

Checking the database, the users exist in xf_user but no other tables at all, not even xf_authenticate. I know this is real strange, where should I start looking for problems that could be causing this?

Thanks Mike. I am currently doing a DB dump and reload into a test DB for, ah, testing. I will do the table repair on that one first, then try registering on my test forum. I have in the back of my mind it is an addon, been having a few issues with some of them (not the addons fault BTW).

Ok, this is real strange. Just copied the DB to a test db, copied all site files to the test site. Switched DB's in config.php. Signed up to the forum and it worked fine, user exists an I can see them in the admin side. Didn't even do a DB repair/optimise. I can see this one driving me nuts!

Ok, this is now getting weirder - just had a new user registration and it went through fine. Damned if I know, there are Gremlins in the works somewhere :cautious:

Top Bottom