1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Strange Redirect Behaviour

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Jon W, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

No idea how it has happened, but my alert for this thread that was moved earlier today points to a non-existent thread (perhaps a redirect that has now expired?).

I've tried to replicate on my local install, but the alert always seems to be the correct link.

Any ideas?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The alert you received earlier, the link to the content takes you to a non existent thread? Can't say I've seen that before, either. What is the URL in the alert content?

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The redirect had been moved and soft deleted.

I have undeleted it so it should work now.

4. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Ah, I see... it got moved and then the redirect got moved...
    upload_2014-11-14_18-32-19.png

So ideally moving a redirect should produce a slightly different alert as otherwise it is a bit confusing? Or not produce an alert at all since it is only a redirect and not really worth notifying anybody about?

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I would have to look, but deleting the redirect should have deleted the alert in theory.

6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

We have changed the behaviour of this in XenForo 1.4.3 so that moderator alert actions do not get sent for actions taken on thread redirects.

I can't currently think of a valid case for where we would want that to happen.

Jon W and Jay like this.