Partial fix Strange issues when pasting into rich text editor (holding paste keys)

jOOc

When holding down CTRL+V to paste makes the rich text editor behave strange. I have only tested it on Win 8.1 in Chrome 39, IE11 and Opera 26.

Empty lines disappear, the position in the editor changes and the page position sometimes moves.

Someone else have seen this issue? Maybe not many people that uses this and not that often, but still annoying.

I just tried this with whatever was in my clipboard (just a URL) in Chrome and had no issues. I did have some issues in IE and I know roughly why (how the pasting system works). I'll move this to bugs though I'm unsure if there's much we can do. If you simply tap ctrl+v instead of holding it down that should prevent the issue.

I'm going to call this a partial fix as I've worked around it as much as I think we can. We now temporarily disable pasting when the paste is still being processed and that seems to help. With really complicated pastes, it may still be possible to trigger this (depends on the browser).

Top Bottom