XF 2.2 Store attachemnts on another server

JamesBrown

I tried Amazon S3 but it was proving to be far too expensive. I could rent two fast dedicated servers for what they were charging me each month.

Can I use a separate server to host my attachments? If so, are there disadvantages of doing so?

Is there an idiots guide to doing this?

Cheers

DO

Yes I used that and found it was costing me hundreds of dollars a month. The question is

Can I store my attachments on another server, My server. Not space rented form Amazon or DO

Thanks. We've done that now and it's working great. We can encourage our members to post more video now (y)
Do you happen to know any tutorial on implementing more than one client NFS storage server? I want to be able to add more dedicated servers as storage increases but not sure if it's easy to manage this on NFS.

Do you happen to know any tutorial on implementing more than one client NFS storage server? I want to be able to add more dedicated servers as storage increases but not sure if it's easy to manage this on NFS.
Should be no different than mounting one NFS mount point... now, if you are asking how to mount multiple NFS mount points to the same location..... don't think it can be done, as it will use the last mount point and ignore the first mount point. You have to mount them to two different locations on your system. The way you would handle that is simply add more storage capacity to the NAS you are attaching to that is dedicated for your mount point.

Top Bottom