StopForumSpam: usernames flagging 100% useless

creativeforge

Hi, for new registration: is there a way to avoid having usernames flags kick the registration to be manually approved? 100% of these always turn out legit anyways upon verification. We'd like to bypass having to deal with this "quarantine" queue for usernames.

I have our settings thusly. How could I soften the filtering for usernames? Thanks!

b0a81241e35f7877b19f732f994ecdf8.webp

It does have a lot of features, but I don't think it hard to setup. These are the settings to catch registrations with SFS email or IP only:
View attachment 249618
Set 'Reject registration score threshold' to 10.
Then it will work.

Oh, that is interesting then. Very focused. Wonder if the rest of the "default" settings would need mitigation as well. Anything I should look for to avoid surprises?

My suggestion is, when you stop the spam you don't need SFS and other things that also flag humans.

Is this how you use it? And what about the "spam-like" entries that are checked against the Blacklist database and flagged? I'm not sure I understand. :)

Is this how you use it? And what about the "spam-like" entries that are checked against the Blacklist database and flagged? I'm not sure I understand.
I don't use any of the onboard anti spam stuff xf provides. It's all disabled. Several of our customers work it the same way.

You gotta do what's best for your site and what works for you. I'm just making you aware of another way.

I use Ozz's Spaminator, as well as XF-internal features and a few CSF Firewall features. They all catch what they are suited for.

No one can say this will work tomorrow though, it's a constant war.

Top Bottom