XF 1.5 Stop Kicking thread

Burp

Hello all.

On our forum we have a section where people can sell there items. This is only as a service and not the primary goal. But often they post a lot off questions in those topics and every time these topics are kicked.

For now we closed this section for comments but it would be nice if we can let them post there without kicking these topics. Is this possible?

Other related question, is it possible to let such a topic only be kicked once every couple of days?

Last edited:
I'm relatively unsure of what you mean by "kicked." If you are talking about replies causing the thread to move to the top of the list, you can sort the forum by thread start date.

Anything else will require custom development.

Thanks for your answers, yes it is bumping what I mean (sorry, English is not my native language) :)

Sorting the forum by thread start date is not what I'm looking for. It's just for the section where they can sell items. It's annoying that those threads keeps moving to the top of the list.

Does anybody know if a add-on already exists for this? Searched for it but don't know the right words I guess.

Sorting the forum by thread start date is not what I'm looking for. It's just for the section where they can sell items. It's annoying that those threads keeps moving to the top of the list.
You set this on a per-forum setting (edit the node), not a site wide setting.

What I mean is that when you hit the button "New Posts" those specific posting are not shown. So excluding the threads from the selling section in the new posts except when they are totally new (no reply's). Bit hard to explain but hope you understand.

I think he wants only 'new' unread posts to show and everything below the 'Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages' part to not show.

Edit

To clarify I don't think he wants 'old' unread posts to show on the new posts page.

Haha, sorry for my bad explanation. :)

What I want: Every new topic in the section "for Sale" shown when you hit the "New Posts" button but not when there are new postings to the topics. Only the first posting. So when people start to ask questions about the item for sale that these posts do not trigger the topic from being bumped.

Back ground;
People start to ask questions to the seller but these topics keeps bumping to all the users on the forum and that's a bit annoying. I know members could hide these topics but then they don't see any off them at all (confusing :))

Top Bottom