XF 1.2 Stop Forum Spam ?

erich37

I do have the default XF 1.2 version installed.
I have not changed anything in the ACP-settings regarding Spam.

I have set my Forum-Registrations to "Manual Approval".

Why are spammers like e.g. this one not detected, when in fact the same IP is listed in the SFS-database ?
http://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/173.234.250.83

Do I need to register at the "StopForumSpam-website in order to sync my Forum with their database ?

:confused:

The newest record seems to have just been added, everything else is older than a week. The default options only check within the last week.

hmm... really ?

So Spam-entries at the SFS-database older than a week will not be considered ? :eek:

How do I change this ?

Last edited:
So if I increase the number of "days" from default 7 days towards e.g.: 90 days or e.g: 365 days.......

Will it increase the likelihood of "false positives" ?

:confused:

It depends. If the only thing to match is an IP, yes, it could. Since IP Addresses can change from one user to another and switch owners, it could increase false positives.

Since IP Addresses can change from one user to another and switch owners, it could increase false positives.

I assume it is very rare to have somebody sign-up at my Forum who will have the same IP-address which a known Spammer had previously.

It depends. If the only thing to match is an IP, yes, it could.

what is it matching ?
Only the IP-address or any other factors as well ?

:cool:

yeah, I understand.

But it would be great to know which data XenForo-software is checking against the SFS-database regarding the "number of days"-setting in XF-ACP.

:coffee:

Top Bottom