XF 1.1 Stop forum spam option in XenForo

Adam Howard

So I recall that Stop Forum Spam was added into XenForo 1.1.4 if I recall correctly.

Where would I find the options to either turn this off or customize the options. For example, for it not to check for X. Because right now its looking up user names, e-mail addresses, and IP addresses. I'd like to exclude some of that.

If yours is checking by user name & email then you're using an add-on and not the stock option since the stock option only checks by IP address.

ACP => Home => Options => User Registration => Check DNSBL on registration

You're mistaken. Stop Forum Spam is a third party API and it was not included in 1.1.4.

The anti-spam features in 1.1.4, one quite rightly highlighted by Kevin is DNSBL and the other was a registration form timer.

There are third party add-ons that make use of the SFS API.

You're mistaken. Stop Forum Spam is a third party API and it was not included in 1.1.4.

The anti-spam features in 1.1.4, one quite rightly highlighted by Kevin is DNSBL and the other was a registration form timer.

There are third party add-ons that make use of the SFS API.
Will be for 1.2 ....

I knew they added some kind of IP check in 1.1.4 .... They did
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/1-1-4-anti-spam-improvements-for-registration.45829/

^ Its just not Stop Spam Forum like I thought it was.

Well, xF added DNSBL checks against the Tornevall database, of which a subset includes all the IPs listed in Stopforumspam. So if you don't want to submit email and usernames, and only check against known IP addresses, you'd prefer utilizing Tornevall over Stopforumspam.

Top Bottom