Stop AutoLinking Patch (NO MORE SUPPORTED)

Stop AutoLinking Patch (NO MORE SUPPORTED) 0.91

No permission to download
How to fix autolinking problems outside XenForo?

If the developer of an external addon didn't use one of the tool available below, you can activate the autolinking fix everywhere in your forum with editing only 1 file:
  • Path: {yourforum}/library/XenForo/Helper/String.php
  • This fix will only work if the developer didn't forget to use the XenForo censorString inside his addon
Search:
PHP:
    public static function censorString($string, array $words = null, $censorString = null)
    {

Replace with:
PHP:
    public static function censorString($string, array $words = null, $censorString = null)
    {
        $string = Sedo_StopAutoLinkingPatch_Helper_Regex::KillAutoLink($string);

If you do this manual edit, you can "uncheck" the option: "Enable StopAutoLinking addon".

Error Info

PHP:
ErrorException: preg_match_all() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given - library/Sedo/StopAutoLinkingPatch/Helper/Regex.php:149
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'preg_match_all(...', '/home/sociall1/...', 149, Array)
#1 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Sedo/StopAutoLinkingPatch/Helper/Regex.php(149): preg_match_all('#\[accordion=(?...', Array, NULL)
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Sedo/StopAutoLinkingPatch/Model/Post.php(48): Sedo_StopAutoLinkingPatch_Helper_Regex::KillAutoLink(Array, Array)
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(94): Sedo_StopAutoLinkingPatch_Model_Post->preparePost(Array, Array, Array, Array)
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Ragtek/ML/Extend/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(22): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#5 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(10): Ragtek_ML_Extend_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/AnonymousPosting/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(4): Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#7 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/PostCache/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(9): AnonymousPosting_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#8 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/FirstClickFree/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(38): PostCache_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#9 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/ThreadWatchers/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(7): FirstClickFree_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#10 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/ConversationPostBit/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(7): ThreadWatchers_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#11 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): ConversationPostBit_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#12 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#13 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(74) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/threads/whew-that-was-close.15623/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Capture.webp

It seems they will not have another version of this unclean Stop AutoLinking Patch :sneaky:
And if there is... it will a be a clean solution without hundreds of Regex :cool:

How to uninstall the StopAutolinking Patch
Time has come to get rid of this addon. It has been useful, but like I repeated thousands of times, it's just a patch. So here is how to uninstall it.

1. Uninstall it or disable it from XenForo (seems logical but I prefer to write it...)
  2. If you had modified this file {yourforum}/library/XenForo/Helper/String.php
    Just search and delete this line:
    PHP:
    $string = Sedo_StopAutoLinkingPatch_Helper_Regex::KillAutoLink($string);
  3. This addon didn't only fix the URL autolinking before, sometimes it could fix the URL problems after. When I say "after", it's like cleaning the house putting the dust under the carpet. So you will need to search that dust and get rid of it. For 95% of it, it would be really easy. Just do as described:
    • Install the Kier "Post Content Find / Replace" addon
    • Go to "Tools=>Replace in Posts (on the left column)"
    • Use these parameters:
      • Regular expression:
        Code:
        #(\[([\w\d]+?)(?:=.+?)\])\[url\](.+?\[/\2\])([^[]+)?\[/url\]#ui
      • Replacement string:
        Code:
        $1$3$4
      • Do not check yet "Save the changes" => check if the replacements seems ok before to proceed

Once done, most of the dust will be gone (probably all of it for most of you). For the other, better to fix the bbcode manually when you see a post with a problem.

General inquiry in regards to your last post....

Wasn't or isn't this add-on required for one of your other add-ons?

I believe it was and thats the only reason I recall installing it..... Is that no longer the case?

@cclaerhout
I installed Stop Auto Linking Patch 0.9
I have configured Stop Auto Linking "Bbcode Dowload"
But,it doesn't work??

What is that??

c6vk.png

Bbcode Flash Tag Works well.

Last edited:
@nguyenhuuhung

I've already said and wrote many times that this addon is no more supported (just look at the addon presentation, it's written in big and red, I can't do better) for obvious reasons: its method to disable the autolinking is bad, really bad. The only reason it stays there is to inform users on how to get rid of it. Use the BBM addon, it has a clean method to disable the autolinking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom