Stock Trader [Deleted]

I started out with no buy/sell fees or commission. I think I want to make this as close to realistic as possible. Would any of your more financially-oriented forums mind sharing how you have your options set to make things as realistic as possible? Thanks.

I started out with no buy/sell fees or commission. I think I want to make this as close to realistic as possible. Would any of your more financially-oriented forums mind sharing how you have your options set to make things as realistic as possible? Thanks.
Funny you should ask. A member of mine was just talking about this today and he said $7 a trade is pretty standard these days, so I set mine to $7 to purchase shares and $7 to sell also. Hope that helps.:)

Is it possible to have more than one 'competition' running at the same time. For example, a senior and junior comp?

Is it possible to have more than one 'competition' running at the same time. For example, a senior and junior comp?
There is no competition functionality, so anything you do will have to be done manually anyway. I don't think anyone has ever submitted a competition suggestion (an actual suggestion that includes how it would functionally work), so if you have time, please create a suggestion for it at the support site :)

Thanks @Bob my apologies, I was thinking of the 'leaderboard' or Top Portfolios. What I was thinking was that you could have a top portfolio for one group say 'seniors' and one group for 'juniors'?

Thanks @Bob my apologies, I was thinking of the 'leaderboard' or Top Portfolios. What I was thinking was that you could have a top portfolio for one group say 'seniors' and one group for 'juniors'?
Would be a fairly easy customization to do, but would require either extending the addon or direct file edits to the portfolio controller and model (would recommend extending vs file edits). Its not something that can be done via template editing.

Hey Bob I'm having a weird issue where Stock Trader is loading really slow. The top portfolios page loads quick but not any of the pages that list stocks. Could my server be restricting data from yahoo? Is there some IPs I should whitelist?

Make sure you are upgraded to the lastest version of Stock Trader (ST 1.3.8) as there have been several changes to the public stock API by Yahoo Finance. I'll send you an inbox with the API URLs so you can make sure they are not being blocked.

Can someone run down the use cases for this add-on? I'm intrigued.
It was designed to give my sports sites something to do during the offseason. Built purely for entertainment purposes. Works with any points system that stores values in the xf_user table. Members can earn (or lose) virtual money based on real world stock values.

I am missing that i can set permission to be used only by dedicated usergroups.
Would like to use it like football bet game. All user who who want to play have to pay a small amount of money.

At the end this money will give to the 3 best.

So only users who pay will put into a a special usergroup who receive the 5000 play money.

I am missing that i can set permission to be used only by dedicated usergroups.
Would like to use it like football bet game. All user who who want to play have to pay a small amount of money.

At the end this money will give to the 3 best.

So only users who pay will put into a a special usergroup who receive the 5000 play money.

The "Trade Stock" permission allows them to Purchase or Sell Stock.

Selection_511.webp

Hello,
it seems that yahoo is failing again for us.
Are you aware of any recent change to their api ?
@Bob
None that they've publicly announced. Its an unsupported API, so they don't normally announce changes. If your site is making A LOT of requests, they might be metering you (they do that with YQL requests on the same DB server).

Top Bottom