1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Sticky topics not making RSS feed

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by optrex, Dec 22, 2011.

1. optrex

optrex Active Member

If I create a sticky topic it does not appear on the forums published rss feed. If I unsticky it, it appears, if I make it sticky again it disappears.

mrGTB likes this.
  2. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

What happens if you "sticky" it again. :giggle:

optrex likes this.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Well, I see 2 options with this. Either we include the stickies at the top always (like the forum) or we only include them if they should be there based on sort order. The latter is actually a lot harder to be 100% correct on, but we could do the "normal" case reasonably. The former would act exactly like the forum and thus would be totally consistent with the behavior there.

4. optrex

optrex Active Member

I would be really disappointed if they were based around looking like a forum. The latter wouldn't work in aggregators and the feeds would be full of only stickies. Bear in mind RSS feeds are normally used as news or new item feeds and not forums, therefore I would prefer to see the latter option then they work as most people would expect them too. ie based on sort order.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Fixed this now - sticky doesn't change where it appears in the feed.