1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Links "hover" not making a difference

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by MagicalMidge, Sep 21, 2016.

1. MagicalMidge

MagicalMidge Member

So I have been into the style properties of my current style and changed all of the colour properties to obscure colours to try and figure out why this is happening (this being the attached image)

No matter what I change when I hover over links in forum posts they always have this white/off white gradient appearing under them.

I hate this, it doesnt fit in with my theme at all...

I have tried removing all gradients to see if it is just a case of a gradient that is causing it (removed all from "gradients" folder) no change.

I honestly dont know where or why this is happening but if someone could point me in the right direction of how to change/remove it, I would appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do a search in the ACP for 'ugc' - you can remove the background image from the User Generated Link (hover) style property.
  3. MagicalMidge

MagicalMidge Member

I have, it makes no difference what I put in there

Attached Files:

4. Brogan

Use EXTRA.css to target/override it then.
  5. MagicalMidge

MagicalMidge Member

I would if I knew how to override it. I dont even know where its coming from... It clearly isnt coming from the ugcLinkHover as changing that makes no difference.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should try in EXTRA.css?
  6. Brogan

I can't remember which it is - try .emCtrl:hover or .ugc a:hover, or both.
  7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Try this in extra.css:
    a:hover { box-shadow: none !important;}
    Past that we may need a link to debug further.
  8. MagicalMidge

MagicalMidge Member

I just found it in xenforo.css

Not sure if what I did was the wisest, and it may be worth reverting and doing what @Russ suggested.

But I found;

.ugc a:hover,
    .ugc a:focus
    /*position: relative;
    top: -1px;*/
    text-decoration: none;
    box-shadow: 5px 5px 7px #CCCCCC;
    outline: 0 none;
    And deleted it, just deleting the "box-shadow" would have probably achieved the same thing but so far it hasnt thrown an error and looks how I want.

Anyway appreciate your help guys :)