Sticky menu hidden on iphone/ipad but still there accepting clicks

ge66

Can not test this myself (have no ios-device), but users report that when they write a post on ios and as an example tries to insert a smiley by clicking the smilies-icon in the editor menu they get thrown to another part of the site.
Most likely the top sticky menu is hidden and when they try to click the smilies-icon they actually click on the sticky menu and goes to another page.

I use iOS daily and haven't experienced any such thing, so I'd initially explore whether the issue is specific to the style you're using or other factors.

The only thing I can think of is if it's a very old version of iOS that doesn't support position: sticky. If that's the case then there is some Javascript involved. The sticky element is never hidden, though. The same bar you see at the top of the page which eventually sticks is the same bar that is stuck to the top of the screen as you're scrolling. The only difference is that in newer browsers it uses pure CSS to achieve it, in older browsers we have to use Javascript, hence my suspicion that an older version of iOS could explain the issues and why I'm not experiencing similar myself.

For reference, we will only be supporting iOS 10 and iOS 11 (and later this year only iOS 11 and iOS 12) so if it is an older version your users are using, we can really only suggest that they upgrade.

Top Bottom