Steve Job's Xenforo...

DRE

Would have Facetime, just saying...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Steve Jobs on Privacy

Steve Jobs Interviewed Before Returning To Apple

Steve Jobs On Microsoft

Steve Jobs Contribution to Software Engineering

http://www.infoq.com/news/2011/10/steve-jobs-contribution

If XenForo was maintained by Apple, it would be nothing but lines of plain text, because rich text is too complicated and "no one needs it." Also, images would not be inlined and display only in black and white, because again, it's too complicated. Finally, there would only be one theme, it would be illegal to attempt to modify it, and any actual board modifications you make must first be approved by Apple and you would be required to share them with the community.

And then a year later, all of these limitations would go away, because Apple would "figure out a way to do these things without complication." The 2.0 product would be the XenForo you see today, except it would sell for $499 and you'd have to wait in a long line in front of the Apple Store, since it would only be available on DVD, not as an online purchase.

If XenForo was maintained by Apple, it would be nothing but lines of plain text, because rich text is too complicated and "no one needs it." Also, images would not be inlined and display only in black and white, because again, it's too complicated. Finally, there would only be one theme, it would be illegal to attempt to modify it, and any actual board modifications you make must first be approved by Apple and you would be required to share them with the community.

You forgot that you could have a server with half the processor cores (underclocked) and half the RAM and it would still perform as good or better than the competition.

You forgot that you could have a server with half the processor cores (underclocked) and half the RAM and it would still perform as good or better than the competition.
Only because it would be limited on what you were allowed to run on it, it wouldn't do true multi-tasking (if you are making an overt reference to the iphone/ipad scene - my Mac uses a quad core i7 2.6Ghz with 16GB memory so that's a moot point if referring to desktops as it seems very similar to desktops in the PC world) and you could not customize any of the feature set.

- Xenforo would also be priced at 1 billion dollars
- you would be charged for changing your domain associated with license.
- Xenforo would be suing competitors for adding things such as "members online lists" "node icons" etc Just keep adding standard forum features to this list.
- Whenever a xenforo was installed another software in the vicinity (on the same server) would go into greyscale mode (old joke :P ).
- Add-ons creators would need to pay xenforo a 40% fee to post paid resources.
- Updates would cost an additional 10 ga-zillion dollars.
- you would not have the ability to upload avatars (additional paid service)
- Or upload images (additional fees will be required)
- Xenforo team would consist of chinese workers, working in an office at an unhealthy 120f without air conditioning and no Ice lolly's provided.
- Xenforo new slogan (We suck ****, but you'll still purchase our products because we think your dumb) really shoving it in the customers face but they know they can get away with everything.
- Patent 3rd party developer add-ons and then claim it as their own tech.
- Have you seen vids would consist of the devs wearing gigantic over-sized head phones just so they seem cool.

I'll be back with the full list later :P

- Xenforo would also be priced at 1 billion dollars

- Xenforo new slogan (We suck ****, but you'll still purchase our products because we think your dumb) really shoving it in the customers face but they know they can get away with everything.

I'll be back with the full list later :p

This one had me laughing so hard my wife got up from bed and came in to see what was going on. :notworthy:
And I own several Apple products - so I'm not bashing (2x Mac Mini, 2x Ipad, 1 iPad mini, 2x Apple TV Gen 3, 1 iPhone 5, 1 iPhone 4S and one iPhone 4).

The 2.0 product would be the XenForo you see today, except it would sell for $499 and you'd have to wait in a long line in front of the Apple Store, since it would only be available on DVD, not as an online purchase.
Actually since this is about software not hardware, OS X is more than 7 times cheaper than Windows 7 UE and more than 5 times cheaper than XenForo. Apple software is cheap in general and stable + fast like XenForo. I think Jobs would have had some great ideas for XF both UI and marketing. Apple haters are always funny to me. :)

Actually since this is about software not hardware, OS X is more than 7 times cheaper than Windows. Apple software is cheap in general and stable + fast like XenForo. I think Jobs would have had some great ideas for XF both UI and marketing. Apple haters are always funny to me. :)

I agree, can we please stay on topic and not make this into a Apple loathing frenzied thread. :D

Proud owner of various apple products, unfortunately they were gifts still unwrapped. :LOL:

I'm actually not an Apple hater at all. I own a great deal of Apple hardware.

Still enjoy poking a bit of fun at them from time to time, though.

Seems it's still well enough to take digs at Microsoft, but how dare anyone criticizes Apple.

I'm actually not an Apple hater at all. I own a great deal of Apple hardware.

Still enjoy poking a bit of fun at them from time to time, though.

Seems it's still well enough to take digs at Microsoft, but how dare anyone criticizes Apple.

Yeah, I like to poke fun at their commercials. I said it a hundred times but unsure whether anyone has seen it:

The commercial is promoting slimness and how thin the ipad is and then camera swooops to some guy at the airport terminal playing a game on his ipad wearing the biggest headphones on the planet. I mean, come on? They're promoting sleekness and they have some dude swooshing is ipad left to to right with two big tombstones hanging from the side of his lug holes. :LOL: The commercial always makes me laugh, unfortunately they don't air it anymore probably for obvious reasons, it was a dumb commercial.

I prefer watching the banned xbox commercials from Microsoft. They always try it on but always end up having their commercials banned. lol

Actually since this is about software not hardware, OS X is more than 7 times cheaper than Windows 7 UE and more than 5 times cheaper than XenForo. Apple software is cheap in general and stable + fast like XenForo. I think Jobs would have had some great ideas for XF both UI and marketing. Apple haters are always funny to me. :)
Yeah, I loved the way when I purchased my first Mini, right off the bat - Itunes let me know that there was an update for my OS for it and (after just spending over $900 for the current version of their hardware) I could be the proud owner of the latest and greatest OS for $19.99 more. At least I got a discount upgrade coupon for Windows 8 out of the deal. :ROFLMAO:
You don't have to be an Apple hater to jab at Jobs and Apple.

Yeah, I loved the way when I purchased my first Mini, right off the bat - Itunes let me know that there was an update for my OS for it and (after just spending over $900 for the current version of their hardware) I could be the proud owner of the latest and greatest OS for $19.99 more. At least I got a discount upgrade coupon for Windows 8 out of the deal. :ROFLMAO:
You don't have to be an Apple hater to jab at Jobs and Apple.

Good grief, windows 8 is an absolute nightmare. I'd rather chew my arm off than use that OS from the extremely bad experience I had with it, setting up stuff on a pre-installed win8 comp. If there was no win7 I can honestly say I'd be a Apple user right now.

Good grief, windows 8 is an absolute nightmare. I'd rather chew my arm off than use that OS from the extremely bad experience I had with it, setting up stuff on a pre-installed win8 comp. If there was no win7 I can honestly say I'd be a Apple user right now.
Yep. I installed it on my Toshiba Laptop (but not before making a Ghost image). I just keep it on there so I can be familiar with it to provide tech support to some people I help out with (friends = free work).

I love windows 8! best OS yet from windows imo (tho there are still some bugs grrr!)
disable metro and get start8 and its all good! and at 28 quid for win8 and start8 it's a steal!

I like Win8 myself. I don't use any Start menu replacements, though, see no need to.

Windows "Blue" is allegedly going to be titled Windows 8.1 and be launched later this year. From what little I've seen of it, it seems to focus on a lot of end-user/UI improvements.

I love windows 8! best OS yet from windows imo (tho there are still some bugs grrr!)
disable metro and get start8 and its all good! and at 28 quid for win8 and start8 it's a steal!

I'm going to show my ignorance here. Can the metro look be disabled? if so, how?

edit: just noticed the link in your post. :D

Top Bottom