Steve Job's Xenforo...

I'm going to show my ignorance here. Can the metro look be disabled? if so, how?
I do it with that start8 program (tho it's not fully disabled more like a by pass with zero apps)

VQZKtmd.jpg

And Windows 8 with Start button plus Dark theme

fCc4r4i.jpg

I like Win8 myself. I don't use any Start menu replacements, though, see no need to.

Windows "Blue" is allegedly going to be titled Windows 8.1 and be launched later this year. From what little I've seen of it, it seems to focus on a lot of end-user/UI improvements.
True but I hate the sidebar that pops up on windows 8. So with start8 I can run just like I did in windows 7 but faster :)

I used to love my Microsoft products... Windows XP, the X-Box... Then it went downhill from there. When Steve Jobs says 'I don't hate Microsoft and it's great they are successful but they lack taste and the bigger they are means less innovation since they are so unoriginal' in not so many words, he summed up to me what's really wrong with Microsoft and even what's currently wrong with vBulletin unfortunately, that's why I felt the Xenforo comparison was sorta appropriate. At least dutchbb understood I was making a software reference, wtf @ all this hardware crap I should've titled my thread better. I can't believe Garbage Pail Kids are really in here touting Windows 8. Disgusting. Yeah you can bring a version of the start menu back but WHERE IS MY AERO? That clear transparency glassy stuff is part of what makes Windows 7 so cool. While we're on the subject of software with no taste how about crappy metro ui being incorporated into the new X-Box, requiring you to always be online in order to play games and having almost the same stats as the PlayStation 4? Ridiculousness.

It really looks gross. Air in chocolate? What happened to putting stuff like peanuts and raisins in them?

What's next? Water bubbles in chocolate?

Top Bottom