Steam Authentication [Deleted]

TACTICS

TACTICS submitted a new resource:

Steam Authentication - Steam for XenForo 2.0

This is where Steam meets XenForo 2.0

Using all the best functions of XenForo tied with the power of Steam Authentication.

Notable Features
  • Login with Steam
  • Force Association
    • Prevents users from removing steam as a connected account.
  • Force Steam Login
    • Prevents users from logging in with a username and password or registering traditionally.
  • Force Steam Profile Picture
    • Updates the users profile picture to...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
@trice - Where would you like a link to steam profile pages? List Users in the admin area shows SteamID64 do you also want to list the other ones there as well?

@Tealk - Where in the member profile would you like it to appear? Right now it will appear under your name/avatar in threads / posts / direct messages. It includes your avatar, status, and username with a link to your steam profile.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 35
@Tealk - What would make it easy for you to whitelist? Currently the admin panel has a feature to list all users and their SteamID64 address. If you need this somewhere else to continue functionality of another service let me know.

Where in the member profile would you like it to appear? Right now it will appear under your name/avatar in threads / posts / direct messages. It includes your avatar, status, and username with a link to your steam profile.

You need Design improvement for Profile view. Also does not have enable/disable option for this functionality?

Example: Steam Authentication & Integration

mtX9eZ0tRgO_KDetmtEUug.png

@Tealk - What would make it easy for you to whitelist? Currently the admin panel has a feature to list all users and their SteamID64 address. If you need this somewhere else to continue functionality of another service let me know.
i need it in the player profile because i also have server admins that don't have access to acp

TACTICS updated Steam Authentication with a new update entry:

1.0.0 Beta 2

• Added permission setting to show STEAM ID under contact information for user profiles.
  • Bug fixes which prevented steam profiles form showing correctly in messages.
More updates are on there way. Making sure what is currently out there is a solid product. As always, please notify me regarding any issues. I will be happy to assist you.

Current Customers can revisit the download link provided to them...

Read the rest of this update entry...

We run the xf1 verison and it is fantastic that it collects stats about what games and how often our community plays, does your xf2 version do the same?

Hey @Madhuse!

This was originally developed to support the need of the authentication piece. That said, it is on the roadmap to build out what XF1 originally supported. I don't have a time frame for you at this moment but you can expect to see pieces roll out over the course of the next few weeks.

TACTICS updated Steam Authentication with a new update entry:

New Option

Split up the 'Disable Registration' option into two options:
  • Disable Registration - Prevents users from signing up without a Connected Account
  • Disable Login - Prevents users from logging in without a Connected Account
These options do more than hide the functionality they also completely disable them. That means if you even try to visit the url manually to move forward with one of these options (to trick the system, so to speak) you will get an error message...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A couple of things I've noticed:

After updating to BETA 10. I have lost the ability to login to my forum. I've tried logging in with my credentials, STEAM, etc. Nothing works. I am able to login to the Admin CP OK, but I cannot get into the forum itself.

When I tested this, the avatar from my STEAM account did not change my forum account.

Edit: This was fixed as it appeared to be a caching issue.

Also, your addon still says BETA 1 in the XenForo listing. Be sure to change it there as well.

Last edited:
Looks like the issue I had with logging in isn't just a caching issue. I tried it again and it does not appear to happen. Even though I've logged in via Steam, I still see the non-logged-in version of the site.

Any thoughts?

Top Bottom