Stealth Banning

Mackintosh

Hello Xenforo,
I had been looking for the feature Stealth Banning / Ghost Posting / Shadow Banning. Does a feature like this exist either as native or as an add-on? I consulted the manual and the store before asking here. Is there another term for it that I might have missed?

Thank you for your time.

Assuming this means that only the user can see their own posts, this isn't a feature. With things like reply counts and last post information (and some of our optimizations), it is very difficult to get right in all cases.

Assuming this means that only the user can see their own posts, this isn't a feature. With things like reply counts and last post information (and some of our optimizations), it is very difficult to get right in all cases.
he most likely came from VB which has an add-on that does exactly what he is describing

Thank you for the clarification! It is a feature requested and I wasn't sure if it's possible.

I used this in VB for a while. It doesn't work very well because people catch on very quickly when they see their posts when not logged in. Then they post about it and you have more more work on your hands dealing with them once they know what you are doing.

Their is a user discouragement feature which causes configurable performance issues for chosen members or IPs. I find that is ore suitable.

Found under Home/Options/User Discouragement and Discipline, this is the one feature that took me the longest to discover before I purchased XenForo. I loved Paul M's Miserable Users Mod for vB and was not keen on migrating over to XF until I found a similar add-on. I searched and searched, but was ultimately confused that no-one had taken the time to create such for XF. Then, finally I tripped across User Discouragement and Discipline in the XF Manual and came to understand it was already built-into XF. (y)

As Mr Lucky said, it's a great deterrent to any troublemakers on your board. ;)

Top Bottom