• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Staying on Xenforo 1 or Upgrading

Upgrading or Staying

• Upgrading to Xenforo 2

Votes: 43 69.4%
  • Staying on Xenforo 1

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters

tajhay

Too many custom addons and other big addons that wont be updated for XF2 for a while so ill stick to XF1 for now. Would love to see some customised XF2 installations though. By the time we do move to XF2 hope to see lots of great addons/themes and core functionalities added by then. I'll happily wait...most likely a year or so.

@KawaiiHannah can you pleasePM me your site?

I'm not sure what timeline you're thinking. We aren't going to upgrade imminently. None of the admins really have time for a major project right now (2 have full-time jobs and the 3rd is retired but doing consulting and helping run a church camp). We also want to revisit the design of our site and maybe do a revamp of our look at the same as we upgrade, which means doing a pilot first while keeping the live site on 1.5.

I'm not sure what timeline you're thinking. We aren't going to upgrade imminently. None of the admins really have time for a major project right now (2 have full-time jobs and the 3rd is retired but doing consulting and helping run a church camp). We also want to revisit the design of our site and maybe do a revamp of our look at the same as we upgrade, which means doing a pilot first while keeping the live site on 1.5.
I was lucky I had a new site so not much custom work yet

I will be upgrading my forums, but not until the add-ons have caught up. There are a few which we rely on and cannot be without. I have a test forum upgraded to v2.0 for development though.

Rudy

We're in a holding pattern on the forums I admin. For one of them, members rely on an add-on so we need to wait until that is ready. A few of the minor add-ons we can wait for.

I have already picked up a license for UI.X 2 for one of my busier projects, and have begun the slow process of modifying the templates so that when I do upgrade to XF2, it will debut with a fresh new look that is not the default XF2 theme.