Staying on Xenforo 1 or Upgrading

Upgrading or Staying

• Upgrading to Xenforo 2

Votes: 74 71.2%
  • Staying on Xenforo 1

Votes: 30 28.8%

• Total voters
Too many custom addons and other big addons that wont be updated for XF2 for a while so ill stick to XF1 for now. Would love to see some customised XF2 installations though. By the time we do move to XF2 hope to see lots of great addons/themes and core functionalities added by then. I'll happily wait...most likely a year or so.

@KawaiiHannah can you pleasePM me your site?

I'm not sure what timeline you're thinking. We aren't going to upgrade imminently. None of the admins really have time for a major project right now (2 have full-time jobs and the 3rd is retired but doing consulting and helping run a church camp). We also want to revisit the design of our site and maybe do a revamp of our look at the same as we upgrade, which means doing a pilot first while keeping the live site on 1.5.

I'm not sure what timeline you're thinking. We aren't going to upgrade imminently. None of the admins really have time for a major project right now (2 have full-time jobs and the 3rd is retired but doing consulting and helping run a church camp). We also want to revisit the design of our site and maybe do a revamp of our look at the same as we upgrade, which means doing a pilot first while keeping the live site on 1.5.
I was lucky I had a new site so not much custom work yet

I will be upgrading my forums, but not until the add-ons have caught up. There are a few which we rely on and cannot be without. I have a test forum upgraded to v2.0 for development though.

We're in a holding pattern on the forums I admin. For one of them, members rely on an add-on so we need to wait until that is ready. A few of the minor add-ons we can wait for.

I have already picked up a license for UI.X 2 for one of my busier projects, and have begun the slow process of modifying the templates so that when I do upgrade to XF2, it will debut with a fresh new look that is not the default XF2 theme.

What I have looked for and haven't found is a simple comparison between XF1 and XF2 that lists features that vary between the two, and also a list that simply states the upgrades/improvements that XF2 has over XF1.

I would hope those lists exist, but I sure haven't found it in my searching. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great. Until I can see a list of reasons as to why I should upgrade I will just stay with XF1.

We upgraded this week and it's been fantastic. Great feedback from the users, they like it a lot. We didn't have many add-ons and the ones we did have we were able to remove. It will make keeping up with future updates easier.

I'm torn between staying or upgrading. Yesterday, I played around with the demo's ACP and installed a test board to tinker with, and am absolutely in love with the changes. Enhanced message editing is an especially welcome update.

Unfortunately, the style I use is licensed from ThemesCorp. They have to re-write all of their styles and there's no ETA on any of them. As for add-ons, I only use two: One comes with my style, and the other will be replaced by 2.0's new smilie support.

That being said, I'm leaning heavily toward upgrading and dealing with the default style because 1.5 looks sorely outdated now. I'll just have to ask my users to be patient while ThemesCorp updates our style.

Last edited:
I plan on upgrading this month. I am waiting for Arty and PixelExit to come out with their themes so I can make a decision on what to go with. I am really looking forward to a fresh 2018 :)

I'm staying. I have spent way too many hours customizing the look of my forums. Also, like some have mentioned, the add-ons. I'm also not savvy enough to do it.
Well, I upgraded to XF2. I love it. So clean & crisp. Thank you to Chris & Paul for all the help with my decision.

I started my new forum on XF2, however, I kinda regret not going to XF1 first because of the lack of theme/add-on choices for XF2 at present. :P However, XF2 is really nice and clean, and pretty snappy as well. :)

Hmmm.... Kinda perusing the Add-ons and working out which ones we actually NEED and which ones we can just throw away.
Style will probably stay with UI.x (Seems Quark, although being a subset of UI.x hasnt been upgraded...yet...)

First pass is looking promising. Just not looking forward to the inevitable upgrade stress and the undoubted 2 days it'll take for my small board.

On the upside though - will look to do a general refresh and add some things to the site that currently arent there!

Top Bottom