1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

staying logged in

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by island, Sep 8, 2011.

1. island

island Active Member

I'm quite sure I checked the option to "stay logged in" when I log in, but I notice 5-10 times now in the last 6 months I've had to re-login here on the xenforo.com forum. Is this typical or atypical?

(I know I haven't given many details, but I'm just curious. Firefox is my browser.)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It could be a local browser issue.

I haven't had to log in for months, since the last time I purposely logged out.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Currently, I believe you have to visit once every 2 weeks to stay logged in. I may extend that a bit.

That said, it can be a browser issue. For example, I just updated Firefox and it forgot all of my cookies (for all sites).

Brogan likes this.
  4. island

island Active Member

I've been so busy this summer that I believe I'm simply hitting that timeout :(
    Now that autumn has rolled around I should finally have time to have fun with xenForo and visit more regularly :)

However, is there an option to extend this time to 3 months on my own xenForo?

5. masterchief

masterchief Well-Known Member

I have never seen an option to stay logged in... where is it?

regards

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. masterchief

masterchief Well-Known Member

<embarrassed> sheesh! thanx