Status Update Spam

I know about the user permissions, but it only lets me either enable or disable profile posts, not do something like allow profile posts after they've been registered for 30 days and/or after they've made a dozen posts.

I know about the user permissions, but it only lets me either enable or disable profile posts, not do something like allow profile posts after they've been registered for 30 days and/or after they've made a dozen posts.

Yes it does - when used with usergroup promotions!! ;)

Turn it OFF for the Registered group, then promote people to an additional group (which has it ON) based on whatever criteria you want to use, such as posts or days registered. :)

I do it on all my sites for that very same reason - to avoid profile post spam! (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Yes it does - when used with usergroup promotions!! ;)

Turn it OFF for the Registered group, then promote people to an additional group (which has it ON) based on whatever criteria you want to use, such as posts or days registered. :)

I do it on all my sites for that very same reason - to avoid profile post spam! (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Mine is setup more or less the same way.....

Everyone who joins is in the registered group, but for the first 25 post they're also in the noob group. Once they've reached or past 25 post, they're out of the noob group & just registered.

The manual explains how to do an example promotion: http://xenforo.com/help/user-group-promotions/

You can replicate that for any other permission using post count or other criteria.

I have to say I'm surprised you weren't aware of that functionality.

The above method has worked beautifully. New members are limited briefly, and auto-promoted.

Been using this, and we do not suffer from profile spam, conversation, or other similar problems.

Top Bottom