Fixed Status update needs overflow:hidden

digitalpoint

Totally a minor cosmetic thing, but the status update textarea shows a scrollbar...

Image%202011.11.02%205:00:38%20PM.png

Adding overflow: hidden; to the #AccountMenu .statusPoster textarea CSS, makes it look like this:

Image%202011.11.02%205:02:42%20PM.png

It's my nature... you would be amazed by the amount of time I spent making my vB4 alt blocks not have the extra space at the bottom... :)

Image%202011.11.02%205:24:22%20PM.png

vs. how I do it:

Image%202011.11.02%205:24:57%20PM.png

I just couldn't let it go... and believe it or not, I probably spent 2 FULL DAYS doing it all sorts of different ways until I came up with something I liked. :)

I take full responsibility for being the world's most anal perfectionist...

Image%202011.11.04%2012:52:25%20PM.png

The username and arrow for the drop-down tab has 2px spacing more on the right than the left (because the image used has 2px of nothingness on the right side of it).

I'm not starting a new thread because well... probably would annoy Kier to death, and it's easy enough to change myself for my site. lol

I noticed that a few days ago when doing a comparison between 1.0 and 1.1.

I declined to post a bug report though :D

Personally, I just think the 2px of nothingness in the image should be on the left... would equalize the overall left/right padding, and I think it could use 2px between the name and image... but that's just me. {shrug}

Maybe we should rename this thread to, "How annoying can digitalpoint be?" lol

Image%202011.11.05%202:14:46%20AM.png

Is there supposed to be the dashed line between the text and arrow when you hover?

Can you tell I've been doing some custom work involving the tabs and drop-downs lately (and therefore staring at them a lot)? :)

Is there supposed to be the dashed line between the text and arrow when you hover?

Can you tell I've been doing some custom work involving the tabs and drop-downs lately (and therefore staring at them a lot)? :)

I wish I had your eye for detail and could do the things you do. Well, I wish I could do many of the things a lot of people are capable of doing out here. Heck I wish I could code.

Yes, that's been there from the first build.
In 1.1 it's an image from the xenforo-ui-sprite.png.

It's just a background image on hover so easy to remove.

I never noticed. . . that till now. Hmm...

The dashed line indicates the limits of the drop-down clickable area - clicking the rest of the area loads the members page.

The dashed line indicates the limits of the drop-down clickable area - clicking the rest of the area loads the members page.
Ah... makes sense...

Although I don't know how many people actually notice it. An indicator of something that is so subtle it's not noticed may not be the best indicator. :)

Also, clicking to the right of the indicator also takes you to the member page, so ultimately it's the same thing on either side.

I take full responsibility for being the world's most anal perfectionist...

Image%202011.11.04%2012:52:25%20PM.png

The username and arrow for the drop-down tab has 2px spacing more on the right than the left (because the image used has 2px of nothingness on the right side of it).

I'm not starting a new thread because well... probably would annoy Kier to death, and it's easy enough to change myself for my site. lol
I'd actually prefer a new thread - it's easier to keep tabs on what's been handled and what's not. We're not scared of the number of reported issues, it's the number that we resolve that is important :)

Ah... makes sense...

Although I don't know how many people actually notice it. An indicator of something that is so subtle it's not noticed may not be the best indicator. :)

Also, clicking to the right of the indicator also takes you to the member page, so ultimately it's the same thing on either side.
I'd say it's done its job then :)

Re: new threads... sure. Was kind of half hoping you wouldn't see the rest (the last thing I want to do is annoy developers with what really are non-issues)... the stuff is easy enough to fix/customize, and I felt like I at least did my part in reporting what are more or less nonsensical "issues".

Top Bottom