Add-on Statistics

Lawrence

The new add-on I am currently working on provides various statistics pertaining to your forum. It is currently in it's infancy. The stats shown in the screen shot are just basic stats. More detailed statistics to come. I also need to integrate my forum thread views add-on from XF 1.x into this add-on to provide meaning view stats.

The top half of the stats in the screen shot are daily, weekly (full week), monthly (full month) and yearly (full year) averages since your first post made and your first valid member joined. The bottom half are averages over a rolling 365 day period. As my install is less than a year old the stats for the rolling 365 day period are going to be lower than the upper stats.

The look of each heading block can be changed via style properties (i.e. a different back ground color for each block), more styling options will be added in the future.

There is a lot of work left, and when completed, I hope this add-on is going to provide very useful information about user activity on your forum.

Lawrence

Image1.pngImage2.png

Nice add-on and good luck with future workings. I remember your add-ons from back in the day on Xenforo 1. I wish you the best with your future additions.

I was thinking about adding a graph, and I may for the averages page (the one shown in the screen shot), but not until the add-on is close to finished.

I have my XF 1 thread views add-on integrated into the stats add-on. It took a lot less code for the XF 2 version than the XF 1 version, shows how much better, and I mean way better, XF 2 is (well done @Mike @Kier and @Chris D). Currently I'm adding the "top" stats (it's own page), and know that is going to create a few queries, which I don't think the use of the simple cache to store the values will be appropriate to use to keep the query count down. So it is either the data registry itself (like how the forum stats are kept), or create a new table to store all the values. Haven't decided.

The "top" stats page and the ratios page will contain just blocks (like the heading blocks in the screen shot), and hopefully provide admins and users a useful perspective of how the forum is used, how it is growing, etc.

@Brad Padgett, thank you, :)

Top Bottom