Implemented Statistics in the admin panel / XF analytics / XenMetrics

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Please don't bump suggestions; stats tracking has been noted.

Andy has already pointed to the funnel docs from Google; he was simply pointing out a way to achieve what you want without waiting for additions to the software, but I don't think he's a master of Analytics himself. :)

If they don't even track new posts and registrations, I think it's safe to assume they don't track the time users spend online.

If they don't even track new posts and registrations, I think it's safe to assume they don't track the time users spend online.
That's not strictly true... They do track these numbers (you can see them on the homepage), but currently they're not displayed in the AdminCP. :)

That's not strictly true... They do track these numbers (you can see them on the homepage), but currently they're not displayed in the AdminCP. :)

They are not saying how many users are active, how many are posting, how many are new, and how many new discussions have been created over periods of days, weeks, months, years, or any views linked to that period.

Information that potential advertisers are interested in.

I love statistics and as most forums admins will know, when you're trying to build up your forum it really helps to know as much as possible about the people who are viewing your content. I was looking around at what all the main forum companies as well as blog hosts offer and the best (and nearest to what I'd like to see) set of statistics which is offered can be found on Blogger.

This is their overview page:

178b6512.gif

As you can see it's pretty clean cut, you can select to view not only the table with pageviews but the entire overview page by a length of time (i've selected week).

I'd love to see something like this for XenForo, although notable changes would instead of Posts become Threads and would hopefully also include an extra page with statistics on number of members, threads, registrations and other helpful things. Blogger also has a page in this statistics sets telling you about the browser and computer your readers use and I think this would be invaluable for forum owners who make modifactions to their forums, no one wants to alienate a significant portion of their members by adding a modification that can;t be used by a certain browser or whatever.

Anyway like if you like, say if you don't.

Isn't this basically covered by Google Analytics?

I can understand a few things, but for the most part servers either have their own system (Awstats being the most common), utilize Google Analytics, or use their own tracking system (Mint or Piwik or something similar).

I can understand a few things however, for noting specific trends (Usage of like and a few other things that wouldn't be necessarily covered by other systems), but for the most part is there really much need?  

Isn't this basically covered by Google Analytics?

I can understand a few things, but for the most part servers either have their own system (Awstats being the most common), utilize Google Analytics, or use their own tracking system (Mint or Piwik or something similar).

I can understand a few things however, for noting specific trends (Usage of like and a few other things that wouldn't be necessarily covered by other systems), but for the most part is there really much need?

Well I think that having everything accessible in one place including the things like the like feature statistics is needed and I'd personally much prefer to have it straight out the box so to speak, being able to run just the forum software and have this without having Awstats would be useful and easier to use.

I would love to have an google analytics/piwik integration + stats that can only be provides by the board (post stat, registration stat etc). All in the same page.
However I think it's only a dream.

I'd also like it, but I don't think something of this scale would be done, or at least not for a while.

Tracking forum-specific things would be very nice however. 

IMO, there's no real benefit of replicating the functionality of Google Analytics in an Admin CP page.
I'd like to quote Kier's post from a similar thread:
For most things, yes, but I mean more for tracking like usage, follow usage, watch usage and a few other things that Google does -not- do.

For most things, yes, but I mean more for tracking like usage, follow usage, watch usage and a few other things that Google does -not- do.
This can possibly be done via Custom Variables and Event tracking via the API that Google already provides.

Page-Level custom variables can be used for easily tracking threads/posts in sub-forums, and Event Tracking for tracking events such as attachment downloads, likes, following and watching threads. Though I'm not sure if tracking these events via Google Analytics would be even feasible at this point.

(Sub-Forum tracking has my vote, though!)

IMO, there's no real benefit of replicating the functionality of Google Analytics in an Admin CP page.
I'd like to quote Kier's post from a similar thread:

I didn't want to replicate it, I just wanted the starts to be grabbed from analytics and displayed to the admin

Statistics about individual posters/threads/subforums/attachments is what would be covered by Xen Analytics.

That would appease me.

I want to know how many new users signed up, how many are active, and how many new discussions and msgs were created, per month. This is a graph that convinces me every 6 months to keep going.

I want to know how many new users signed up, how many are active, and how many new discussions and msgs were created, per month. This is a graph that convinces me every 6 months to keep going.
I actually manually track that myself as Awstats and Webalizer don't do that.

Google Analytics cover the detailed stuff but forum related stat's would be nice.

phpBB does some very basic stuff in the ACP such as posts per day, topics per day, users per day, etc.

I'd like to see some basic but decent stats in the admin cp that would show you at a glance (and on one page)
* new threads
* new user registrations
* searches / searches without results
* topics with no replies / or topics with no replies within x-days
etc.

It would be nice to have a "forum centric" stats panel that would give you a really quick way to get an idea of your forums status now and over time by looking at the graph.

Also logging of things like search queries which didn't return results would be handy so you could see if people were looking for specific things and not finding them (where you could then do an article on these, etc.)

I quite like what Vanilla have done on the dashboard of their new version, but having moved from phpBB3 to XenForo, I have to say I'm missing the users per day/threads per day/messages per day global and user stats.

Screen shot 2010-11-06 at 16.32.56.webp

Top Bottom