Lack of interest Stateless Architecture

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
It would be great for Xenforo to have a complete stateless architecture, which would also allow to easily have it hosted high-available, this would include:

• Object storage first (maybe via Flysystem) - has to be available out-of-the-box
  • With above, abolish the use/need for data/internal_data (use caching layer for templates)
Maybe more stuff that needs to change that I have not thought about?

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hmm, this seems to be already possible with very little effort - you just have to sync code cache to every node.
Everything else (data/internal data, cache, db) can be scaled.

ouch sorry no. Yes I know its possible, because there is a S3 plugin around as well, however, my request is about:
  • stateless FIRST development, not through hacks or 3rd party addons, it should come out-of-the-box
Syncing code is painful and not really best practice :) (maybe 10 years ago ;) ). Not talking about cache or db, those are out of the hands of xenforo anyways.

So again: YES, it is possible currently with hacks (or even just having a shared NFS mount on all frontend servers), this request is about doing this natively within Xenforo.

Ah okay. I must be doing smth. wrong then as we are running XF 2 on a cluster without hacks or 3rd party Add-ons to support this and without NFS mounts :)

The fact that internal_data is holding some "magic" in it, which if deleted completely breaks the forum (until "master data" is rebuilt) is unfortunate.
I think the ask here is to give the option of keeping that in the cache, which in those cloud-native deployments would be e.g. memcached or ideally redis (makes it possible to be persistent). However, I'm not sure if XF Cache has adapter for Redis.

Top Bottom