• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Start Conversation Link to Profile Page (Left Side)

DrYontem

Hi all,
you can look for explaining to attached image file

instructions

open member_view template and FIND
HTML:
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'members/trophies', $user}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:number $user.trophy_points}</a></dd>

add BELOW
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}"><dd><a href="{xen:link 'conversations/add', '', 'to={$user.username}'}"><input type="submit" class="button primary" value="{xen:phrase start_conversation}" /></a></dd></xen:if>

and save the template =)

if you dont want to add button (you want only text), you have to use these codes
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}"><dd><a href="{xen:link 'conversations/add', '', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a></dd></xen:if>

regards...

Attachments

• ss.webp
    ss.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 107
Anyone is free to post any suggestion for what they think should be in the core.

It's up to the developers whether they include it or not :)

Hi all,
you can look for explaining to attached image file

instructions

open member_view template and FIND
HTML:
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'members/trophies', $user}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:number $user.trophy_points}</a></dd>

add BELOW
HTML:
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'conversations/add', '', 'to={$user.username}'}"><input type="submit" class="button primary" value="{xen:phrase start_conversation}" /></a></dd>

and save the template =)

if you dont want to add button (you want only text), you have to these codes
HTML:
<dd><a href="{xen:link 'conversations/add', '', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a></dd>

regards...
Thanks so much! Very helpful.

I still to this day will open a member's profile page when trying to send them a CM, now I won't feel stupid! Thanks a lot!

I still to this day will open a member's profile page when trying to send them a CM, now I won't feel stupid! Thanks a lot!

Starting a conversation from the profile is already possible, btw. It's under the Information tab.
Screen shot 2011-11-07 at 5.27.43 AM.webp

Thanks TB for this template mod btw, thumbsup.

Oh dear this worked beautifully in my test install. But on my new 1.0 live install the button does not show.

On member_view my code is like this:
Code:
<!-- ADD BUTTON ON LEFT -->
<xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}"><dd><a href="{xen:link 'conversations/add', '', 'to={$user.username}'}"><input type="submit" class="button primary" value="{xen:phrase start_conversation}" /></a></dd></xen:if>

Have compared with my test install template and it looks identical.
But the test install has the button and the new 1.1 does not.

Top Bottom