XF 1.2 Start a Conversation Profile Page?

I am a newbie, and I would like a to see in the member view an option to start a conversation. The default location is under "Information" ...not terribly intuitive. The idea that this is default is not good practice for usability. That said, the solution to modify the templates is daunting for me as I worry about srewing something up and the instructions so far are glib ... e.g., "edit the template and move the code appropriately" ... just what is appropriately and what is not.

Please provide an example of exactly what code should be moved from where to where. What would that code look like before and after. I have limited ability in doing this sort of work (css files, etc.).

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

This thread was sooooo USEFUL to me. Thank you. I searched forever to find the start conversation button. I then found this thread, and the follow up messages, especially this one. I followed the reply exactly and voila! Great support. Loving XF.

I have actually modified it slightly by adding a Fontawesome icon next to the link.

View attachment 78302

Not to sound completely dense, but how do you add the fontawesome icons next to the text? I love that look - it's simple and clean... I am just a little weary to touch code. I did see an awesome add on from @BassMan for adding in these start a conversation points so that will likely be the route to go - but understanding how to stick the chat icons next to the words would be a nice touch versus a button ...between buttons and banners it can become a little messy looking

Not to sound completely dense, but how do you add the fontawesome icons next to the text? I love that look - it's simple and clean... I am just a little weary to touch code. I did see an awesome add on from @BassMan for adding in these start a conversation points so that will likely be the route to go - but understanding how to stick the chat icons next to the words would be a nice touch versus a button ...between buttons and banners it can become a little messy looking
Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 9.22.00 PM.webp

Top Bottom