star trek continues, web series

Jake Bunce

banana.gif

In short, it's a new web series that is true to TOS. But unlike most productions of this type, this one has good actors and production quality to back it up. Looks very promising. And of course the best part is that it ignores the new abrams-verse. It is true to the original timeline and it extends that timeline.

Site:

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/

It starts principal shooting in October 2012.

Interview:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Clip showing the beginning of the new series, picks up exactly where the last episode left off:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I need to watch TOS again to brush up. My trek is mostly grounded in TNG.

Ha! That's awesome...they have Grant Imahara as the new Sulu.

Any clue as to when it will hit the general public audience?

Ok, seeing that someone influenced me to watch every single episode from tng - voyager (missed a couple when falling asleep and restarting the playlist an episode late I think.), I am going to start watching the movies. Seeing that I just did a marathon starting from TNG ....what should be the first movie I watch ?

I would kind of like to completely catch up with the entire series before I go watching any of the new stuff and with movies and series coming up, pushing is coming to shoving here.

Episode 1 filming is done. It is currently being edited:

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/2013/01/30/star-trek-continues-episode-1-is-in-the-can/

It isn't released yet though.

In that article they say it is being previewed at a convention in phoenix...

did some searching....
http://www.phoenixcomicon.com/
I wonder if that is the convention? That would mean releasing would be sometime after May if that is indeed the case...which reminds me....maybe I should tell one of my trekkie uncles who lives in phoenix about this...I am sure he would get a kick out of going.

oooooooooooooh
yeah i think the funniest one you could pick has been filled though....you could have been a red shirt and been the first to get phasered in the movie...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/145553614/star-trek-renegades
RED SHIRT!! We all know if a Star Trek crew member is wearing a red uniform, he or she will be the first to be phasered, engulfed by a deadly cloud creature, take a plasma blast head on, or otherwise be killed in a horrible manner. So, why not YOU? Or a friend, or a not-so-friend. Not real phasers or clouds or plasma blasts of course, but in our film. Yes, you can be the one redshirt that dies dramatically on screen. Though our characters will not be wearing the TOS era red uniforms, everyone will know the redshirt when he or she appears. Some good screen time, high drama, intense emotion - you get the idea. You must be available for specific shooting dates in the LA area (TBD Spring 2013) and transportation and lodging is not included. Redshirt role is a STAND ALONE REWARD. Plus it comes with all the other goodies above.

ADMIRAL: Receive all of the above, plus be a “featured extra” in the film. This is not a crowd shot – you’ll be right in the frame with some of the stars of the film. Plus, you’ll get your name in the credits and in IMDB! You must be available for specific shooting dates in the LA area (TBD Spring 2013) and transportation and lodging is not included. Featured extra role is a STAND ALONE REWARD.
ADMIRAL II: Ship naming rights! Get all of the above (except standalone reward) plus you will get the exclusive right to name one of two of the Federation ships in our film. Though they're not our Renegade ship, they will be featured prominently in the story. Name one after a friend, a spouse, a loved one, a fallen military hero (one of the ships in Of Gods and Men was named after such a hero) - anyone you want. Name one after yourself even! We'll make sure our expert VFX artists create a nice fly-by showing the name, plus your ship will be mentioned in the dialog (though we can't guarantee where or when at the moment). If you are interested in larger pledges and rewards, please contact the producers directly at info@startrekrenegades.com.

FLEET ADMIRAL: Get your start in the business! All of the above (except stand alone reward), plus you will receive Associate Producer credit in the titles and in IMDB, plus you'll get to sit on the set for a day in your very own personalized director's chair. Transportation and lodging not included. If you are interested in larger pledges and rewards, please contact the producers directly at info@startrekrenegades.com.

Wow that was an excellent episode! Great production quality, and it carried the true spirit of star trek with a depth of moral teaching that is completely lost in the latest movies.

If you liked the latest movies then you should watch this episode to understand what you are missing.

Top Bottom