1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

star trek continues, web series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jake Bunce, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

In short, it's a new web series that is true to TOS. But unlike most productions of this type, this one has good actors and production quality to back it up. Looks very promising. And of course the best part is that it ignores the new abrams-verse. It is true to the original timeline and it extends that timeline.

Site:

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/

It starts principal shooting in October 2012.

Interview:

Clip showing the beginning of the new series, picks up exactly where the last episode left off:

I need to watch TOS again to brush up. My trek is mostly grounded in TNG.

Boothby, dieketzer and EQnoble like this.
  2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Ha! That's awesome...they have Grant Imahara as the new Sulu.

Any clue as to when it will hit the general public audience?

3. Jake Bunce

Dunno. Filming starts in October so...

4. EQnoble

...so hopefully a year or so

5. Trekkan

Trekkan Well-Known Member

I like Grant on MythBusters, but... can he act? Maybe he can, I have no idea. I hope so! heh

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

7. Jake Bunce

I killed the gorn yaaay :D

Sylar and Digital Doctor like this.
  8. Jake Bunce

EQnoble likes this.
  9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

10. EQnoble

Ok, seeing that someone influenced me to watch every single episode from tng - voyager (missed a couple when falling asleep and restarting the playlist an episode late I think.), I am going to start watching the movies. Seeing that I just did a marathon starting from TNG ....what should be the first movie I watch ?

I would kind of like to completely catch up with the entire series before I go watching any of the new stuff and with movies and series coming up, pushing is coming to shoving here.

In that article they say it is being previewed at a convention in phoenix...

did some searching....
    http://www.phoenixcomicon.com/
    I wonder if that is the convention? That would mean releasing would be sometime after May if that is indeed the case...which reminds me....maybe I should tell one of my trekkie uncles who lives in phoenix about this...I am sure he would get a kick out of going.

11. EQnoble

That is pretty damn cool....what is crazy is that if you can donate a large chunk you can get a producer credit, or name a ship in the show anything you want, or be a featured extra, or captain a directors chair on set for the day.....that is epic and one of the greatest things I have ever seen in the movie business...nice find.

12. Jake Bunce

13. Jake Bunce

oooooooooooooh

14. EQnoble

yeah i think the funniest one you could pick has been filled though....you could have been a red shirt and been the first to get phasered in the movie...

15. Jake Bunce

16. Jake Bunce

17. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

18. Jake Bunce

Wow that was an excellent episode! Great production quality, and it carried the true spirit of star trek with a depth of moral teaching that is completely lost in the latest movies.

If you liked the latest movies then you should watch this episode to understand what you are missing.

Adam Howard likes this.
  19. Jake Bunce

Those vignettes are old. They were just teasers showing the new crew in action. Watch the episode I posted. It's the first full episode.

Forsaken likes this.
  20. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member