Add-on Star Rating for Specific Forum & sidebar

Zachary Ball

I have "Supporting Vendors" and they have their own section of the forum. What I am looking for is the option for people to rate on different aspects of the vendor business:

Shipping:
Custom Service:
Product Quality:

and more...

This should display right under the title and description of specific forum. The option should also be available to throw into the sidebar to show the following:

Vendor Name - Overall Star Rating - which is derived from the average of the ratings within vendor forum.
Honestly an exact copy or a bit of a tweak of the XenForo Recource ratings would work perfectly. Why isn't this built into core yet?!?!?

Last edited:
No this does not do most of what I want. I am not looking to rate members, I am looking to embed a ranking system into a forum node.

In that case I do apologise for misunderstanding your request sir.

Can you please tell me how you are looking to embed a ranking system in a forum node? Maybe post a screenshot or 2?

I am pretty sure I am being very clear with what I am looking for.

The most realistic way to embed some sort of rating system in sidebar or forum node is with custom user fields. It would just need to be customized a bit from a few particular add-ons that already exists.

I am pretty sure I am being very clear with what I am looking for.

I am sure that you are being very clear sir. But english is not my first language, and that is why I misunderstood your request.

The most realistic way to embed some sort of rating system in sidebar or forum node is with custom user fields. It would just need to be customized a bit from a few particular add-ons that already exists.

Have you asked the developers of those add ons, if they are willing to modify them to do what you want?

Can anyone guide me on a simple code or add-on. Thanks!

This is something that can not be guided. This will involve the developement of a new add on. I can develop such an add on for you, if you are willing to fund its developement.

Top Bottom