XF 2.1 Staff Reply Ban (RESOLVED)

osieorb18

I'm trying to set things up in a particular subforum so that any thread owner in that subforum can issue a thread reply ban to any member, including staff members. I have the thread owner rights add-on by truonglv and Can Warn Staff by Xon installed, but unfortunately they do not interact and I can only set the warnings up by group (which is messy, since I don't actually want every user to have mod powers). I figured there might be a way to allow staff to be thread reply banned by anyone in a specific subforum without an add-on, but I'm not entirely sure where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I don't think I did, actually. I had a temporary scenario where registered users could warn anyone directly, but that doesn't actually work as intended. So I'm thinking about what makes sense. I probably will fiddle with the templates directly if possible.

If there was a convenient way to separate thread reply ban permissions from other warning permissions, that might work. The frustrating part too is that staff warnings only applies to admins and moderators, not to any staff.

I figured out a partial solution, albeit a dumb one. You make all your non-moderator staff members have the moderator tag with no permissions applicable. Since in this context, at least one staff member of a specific staff group will be on hand to help the thread owner out, that staff group can get warning permissions for moderators and admins.

Top Bottom