XF 1.4 Staff Page

Foxtrek_64

Apologies if this is not in the right place.

What I am looking to do is to create a page node called "Staff". Using the Nodes as Tabs plugin, I have the page sitting in the tab bar at the top. Everything here is working great.

What I would like to do is make a page that separates members of staff based on their job (admin, moderator, lore master....), and then use a format similar to the user bar on the left side of thread postings, the only difference being I don't want it to show the user group bars.

I'm thinking the easiest way to do this would be a <xen:include> tag, but I'm unsure how to do the labeled boxes surrounding each staff group and what object to include if I want to use the user panel.

Edit: Here's an example of what I have on my old forum. I'm looking for something similar to this. http://fallofthecitadel.enjin.com/staff

Any help or alternate suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Update!

I knew you could include templates, so I decided to crawl though and see if I could just find the sidebar. After a bit of searching, I've found
Code:
<xen:include template="message_user_info" />

This produces the user panel found to the left of posts, however it is not bound to any user. This results in me getting the default icon and a fancy box around the outside. I assume my next step should be to pass it valid user information.

I'll keep searching, but one thing I haven't found yet was a box to hold these containers in.

Again, any help you can provide with this would greatly be appreciated.

You will need to manually create the page content or use a callback.

The code on the member pages and forum index won't work in a page.

@Brogan Hrm... what would you recommend as far as the best approach for this? I could write a plugin and handle everything with the ACP, but that gets into probably a lot more stuff that I don't know how to do yet.

Ultimately, what I'd like is a solution where I can pass in a user ID or name, and have the system spit out a nice, uniform box with information on it. But, I want to also be able to freely arrange them any way I deem necessary, and be able to add and remove the boxes on the fly.
Using HTML, that would just mean a quick copy/paste and passing it a new name, or just removing that particular section of code, and re-arranging it would be as easy as moving it about on the page....

This might be just a case of going to build it in www.codeply.com and being done with it, but I'm also not opposed to going with the plugin route. If I go the plugin route, I can also make the url /staff instead of /pages/staff.

So- TL;DR, in your opinion, would a plugin be better for this or would just writing out code in raw html with custom CSS (perhaps modified bootstrap) be the solution?

Top Bottom