1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Staff Online Now [Is that Okay?]

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Sami Jalal, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Sami Jalal

Sami Jalal Well-Known Member

If you click on Staff Online Now

you`ll see all staff of the forum and not only who is online!

Is that Okay?

[EDIT] It could be the same as it is but may you add online icon beside who is online.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Staff Online Now lists which staff is online now.

Staff Members lists all staff.

The entire Notable Members system is designed to show all notable members regardless of their current online state.

Why is this posted as a Suggestion?
  3. Sami Jalal

I mean if you click on the link (Staff members online) you should see the details of members who are online, not all the staff.

The suggestion is to leave it as it is, but to add online icon for who is really online...
  4. Chris D

Sorry, I understand now.

I don't necessarily agree, though.

Although I can appreciate it may seem slightly inconsistent, there's a big difference here.

If you consider the members online block; this can only show a maximum of X number of members online. After which, to see the rest, you need to view the full online list. Therefore, the header of that block links to the full online list.

Whereas, the Staff Online block is different. That always lists all staff members who are online. Linking that to another list of staff members who are online seems unnecessary because it will be the same information. Therefore it takes you to a list of all staff members.

The online indicator isn't a bad idea, there, but then for consistency the online indicator would need to be on all of the other notable members tabs too.
    Amaury likes this.
  5. Sami Jalal

Yes..! Agree
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You can also get there via the "and X more" link.
  7. Chris D

I know...