Staff online - moderators not showing

Booth

My moderators aren't showing in the staff online block. Admins are displaying fine. Any ideas what I need to do to make them display?

Just setting the primary user group to moderating isn't enough.

Before they'll show up in the block they either have to be made a super mod or be a moderator of at least one forum.

Just setting the primary user group to moderating isn't enough.

Before they'll show up in the block they either have to be made a super mod or be a moderator of at least one forum.

I have made them super mods, and they are in the moderating group. However they aren't attached to any forums specifically, I'll give that a go.

Edit: That did it, thanks for the responses :)

Yeah but what about admins? I've made someone an admin through the primary selector, and they do not show up on the Staff Online. I show up just fine though.

Would you have assigned the default setting "administrator" in the ACP?
xen1.webp

Primary and secundary allocation is not enough.
You must "create new administrator" .

Same problem here. User Group = "super mod", Secondary User Groups = "moderating" - and they don't show up.

Any ideas?
Groups don't define people as moderators (or admins). You must explicitly assign them as moderators using the "Moderators" link on the left of the Users tab.

I have been looking through a bunch of threads related to this and this doesn't seem to work for me. I have all my mods in the primary moderator user group. I also have them set to be super mods in the admin cp. They still aren't being displayed in the block for some reason...

Did you see this thread?
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...r-as-staff-and-create-secret-moderators.7987/

All you need to do to make someone appear as Staff is to explicitly make them a Moderator or Administrator.
Adding them to the Moderator user group only changes their user title and makes the inline mod tools available.

Brogan, I have them set to being super mods. So when I click the moderators link on the left in the ACP, they all appear there, but still not in the staff online now box.

I don't really know what else to suggest.
I have users appearing as Staff just by making them Moderators but not granting them any moderating permissions.
So their original user title (e.g. Registered User) remains the same but they appear in the Staff Online block.

You could try removing them as moderators and adding them again.

Otherwise I'm happy to take a look but I would need ACP access obviously.

I don't really know what else to suggest.
I have users appearing as Staff just by making them Moderators but not granting them any moderating permissions.
So their original user title (e.g. Registered User) remains the same but they appear in the Staff Online block.

You could try removing them as moderators and adding them again.

Otherwise I'm happy to take a look but I would need ACP access obviously.

Well, removing them and added them again seemed to work :D Thanks!

Im having this problem to.. Nothing i do seems to get any members of my staff on the list. (excluding admins). lol i doesnt help that they arnt online enough for me to dig deeper and see if any changes made do anything. :(

Yeah they all have Mod permissions (moderating user group, create new moderator, etc..) the forum is a vB4 import.. I noticed i had no problems making my "testuser" a mod and it showed up on the list. I tried to duplicate the permissions and nothing.. I just recently took the suggestion and deleted the mods and tried to start over.. I have no idea how that went yet because i don't have any mods online ATM.. Ill report back as soon as one gets on the forum, and i can see if that made a difference.

It's possible the import didn't set something correctly so deleting and recreating them as moderators might do the trick.

Post back when you've had a chance to check.

Top Bottom